Micron PL-7D Instructions

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
Mike_K

Micron PL-7D Instructions

Post by Mike_K »

I've got the job of repairing a Micron PL-7D on 40MHz for a friend, but seem to have misplaced my instructions etc from my PL-7D I built in the early 80's (which I still have in working condition).

I should be able to fix it without the instructions, but they may be useful if anybody has a copy they could scan for me.

I've found the instructions for most of the Rx kits (mini and standard FM and the older 6 channel AM from the PL-6D set) if anybody ever needs them.

Cheers

Mike
MikeP

Re: Micron PL-7D Instructions

Post by MikeP »

Have you looked at P1 of the Norcim site, there is a brief Tx fault finding guide for the later if Tx's there.
I may have a copy in my stuff, if so, I'll copy them and get them to you.
If anyone has a copy of the PL6D component layout I could do with one !
I have a few spare mouldings for the PL7 D if anyone needs any end caps or front panels.
Mike_K

Re: Micron PL-7D Instructions

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the tip about page 1 on the Norcim site, I have visited the site in the past, but wasn't aware there was so much information on the early pages.

I got the PL-7D going again, luckily it was one of the easiest fixes I've had. The Tx xtal had gone down, but my friend had a spare set of xtals, a simple swap cured the problem. While we had the set opened up, I fitted a new set of NiMH enelope cells, so hopefully he'll be good for another few years at the pond.

But even better, the Norcim site describes how to modify the 40MHz sets to use the (relatively) obtainable Futaba 40MHz xtals rather than Fleet xtals that are impossible to find. The PL-7D will soon be back for this conversion and some Futaba 40MHz FM xtals are on order.

I can't help you with the component layout for the PL-6D, but I've attached some photos of the board from a PL-6D I'm soon to convert to 2.4GHz. If there are any component values you want me to measure, or a better close up, just ask.

Thanks again

Mike Kitchen

IMG_20180717_081515_small.jpg
IMG_20180717_081548_small.jpg