Remcon Quantum 6

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
Mike_K

Remcon Quantum 6

Post by Mike_K »

There were a few people flying at the RetroFest at Buckminster who are not members of this forum, but who are equally as passionate about Retro radio's as us.

One of them, Dave Cotton is on the lookout for a Remcon Quantum 6 for a retired club-mate, who's first radio was a Quantum 6. Now I know Quantum 6 are quite rare, but there are some out there, I've got one and Phil_G has one, but we both want to keep hold of ours :)

So this is really a request for a "friend of a friend". If there is anybody who has a Quantum 6 they'd be happy to part with, I'll forward on Dave's contact details.

Cheers

Mike

PS Dave was flying the Kwik Fli MK3 with the gorgeous green anodised Micro Avionics propo set converted to 2.4GHz.
F2B

Re: Remcon Quantum 6

Post by F2B »

Round about 1970 these were quite popular where I lived (Amsterdam).
But as I needed to spread the costs, I made myself a Classic, the american DIY design, but with me being not as good yet in miniature PCB stuff, my first two servo's were the red Remcons. Noisy, at least 2deg of dead band, but on the other hand, they never ever let me down.
Later on, being entirely fed up with the Classic decoder's BRY39s blowing up without any previous notice, I copied the second Q6 receiver's decoder with 74LS logic, hand painted the PCB, and the troubles were gone.
I must say, hated the Bonner sticks in the Q6, another reason I chose the Classic and put Kraft-Hayes sticks in it.
Yet the Q6 brings back memories of my formatieve years when all was new and exiting.
F2B or not to be....