Super regen receiver.

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
Stew

Super regen receiver.

Post by Stew »

Having just bought a nice old 27 Mhz Ripmax Pathfinder, I'm keen to try it with a receiver. I thought of building one but if anyone has one available, I'm in the market!

Cheers

Stew.
Phil_G

Re: Super regen receiver.

Post by Phil_G »

Hi Stew

Would you believe it I found a genuine Pathfinder receiver, but unfortunately its a duffer. Fifty-year-old electrolytics I'd guess. I'd have a look but the case is glued and I think it would smash if I tried to open it.
Still, ok for display ;)

Meanwhile I've been through my entire box of old Macgregor Minimacs, Terrytones, Tinytones, three RCS Guidance Systems plus a few unknown, unmarked superregens, nearly all turned out to be duffers but finally I've found one that still works. I've no clue what make it is - though RCP did use a clear & blue two-part case like this one. Its quite possible that its the original RCP that I bought around 1968 ish for my Moonbeam slope soarer, I dont know ;)
Its been running on my bench for an hour connected to an Elmic Commander, and it seems to operate reliably with a random 27mhz transmitter. There are no markings on it at all so I was wary of blowing it up with too high a voltage. I tried 3v (like Macgregors) and it worked but chattered a lot. I upped it to 3.5v and it improved a lot. At 4v it was perfect so I'm assuming its a 4.5v (3 cell) receiver. I would suggest running it from a single 4.2v lipo cell.

PM your postal address Stew & I'll post it Monday, I'll include the crappy but working Elmic Commander escapement. I dont want anything for them :D

Connections are
black=battery neg and one side of the escapement coil
red=battery pos 4.5v
green= other escapement tag (so escapement is between green & black)

Cheers
Phil
Attachments
Duff Pathfinder Rx
Duff Pathfinder Rx
Working but unknown make Rx
Working but unknown make Rx
Stew

Post by Stew »

Splendid! Popped you a PM Phil.
Stew

Post by Stew »

I literally have no clue whatsoever about what is going on there! :o
I really do need to study this more. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fascinating!

Stew.
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Phil: That "blue and white" receiver looks exactly like my original "MiniMac"! These date from the early 60s. I think I got mine around 1964.

IIRC, the circuitry was the same as the TerryTone 2, but on a much smaller board. The TerryTone2 was a kit for home assembly, and although it was quite thin, it was quite a large board!

--
Pete