My 48 Indian Chief "Motorbike"

Born again bikers!
E-Challenged

My 48 Indian Chief "Motorbike"

Post by E-Challenged »

Expected to read stuff about electric powered bicycle projects on this forum. I still have my '48 Chief that I bought in 1967. I quit riding it about 6 years ago because my with bad knees I wasn't able to kick-start it. I had both knees replaced last year and am still recovering at age 79. I left "petrol" in the tanks so I'll have to dump them and clean the carb and install a new 6-volt battery in the hollowed-out original battery case. Mine has the manual spark control on the left, throttle on the right and "treadle" foot clutch on the left. Original batteries have not been available for some 20 years. The three speed gear shift knob is on the left ( Harley style setup) I hope to be able to kick start the beast in a few months. Riding these old dinosaurs is not as easy
as with modern "motorbikes". I'll probably just ride around on residential streets to "get my kicks" . I have been riding Indians and other bikes since 1953. The picture is from about 10 years ago when I was more overweight. :mrgreen:
Attachments
48 Chief.jpg
Carl

Re: My 48 Indian Chief "Motorbike"

Post by Carl »

You can't beat a v-twin, whether small or large, vintage or modern, cruise or sports. But then I have a bias.

WP_20170727_11_47_11_Pro.jpg

Hope you get your Indian Chief on the road and riding again - it looks a lovely machine.

Carl
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
------------------------------------