What killed Keil Kraft?

Anything you like!
stuart mackay

What killed Keil Kraft?

Post by stuart mackay »

Someone asked me this question today and I am struggling to remember why and when the original Wickford KK went bust?
jackdaw

Re: What killed Keil Kraft?

Post by jackdaw »

Being sarcastic, it was probably the granite balsa, the elastic from the local whores draws and the prop made from a twisted old tooth brush. People actually wanted something that flew after they built it. The best I got was from the SE5, the two wings helped with the weight. But, being at junior school back in the mid 50's I still used the 'knicker' elastic and excuse for a prop to give me no more than a powered glide. Know better now. Still, fond memories.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I think they were probably not able to keep up with the rapid developments in model design once propo radio became established but I have no idea when they finished production. There is an interesting article here.....

http://www.canveyisland.org/page/the_keil_family

and in the article it says.....

"Eventually the company moved to Lancing in Sussex (we do not know the date). Unfortunately Eddie Keil died as the result of an accident on the A 127 in 1968, however it appears that the KeilKraft brand remained in production throughout the 1970s......."

Have you seen the movie?......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhs0ltNwK8

But it still doesn't answer your question of when Wickford production ceased.

Paul
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Paul, judging by the video, it was probably workers ending up with a lack of fingers to cut the wood forthe models?!? :lol: