At least it'll be used in your hands - enjoy :D
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
------------------------------------

PaulJ

Re: Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Post by PaulJ » 26 Jul 2019, 13:48

Yes, there are certainly bargains to be had out there in ebayland, I got this a couple of months back.......
IMG_20190726_124651[1].jpg
It was on at a "Buy it Now" price of £150 and unsurprisingly, nobody bought it. I didn't want it because I already have more converted transmitters than I have space for or can ever use. It was obvious from the write up that the seller knew nothing about these things so after it had been listed for several weeks without selling, I thought I would do the decent thing and wrote to the seller saying that there was no way anyone would pay £150 for it and suggested that she might put it on auction with a starting price of £30 and see what happens........ She wrote back immediately and said "If you offer me £30, it's yours"! I felt I had rather talked myself into it, so I did and it is! And she wouldn't even accept extra payment for p&p. It is a lovely set, immaculate with a really solid, "quality" feel about it..... a bit like an OS. :P

Paul

RON
Site Admin

Post by RON » 26 Jul 2019, 14:42

Gorgeous that phil,
Don’t you how you do it :? :D
If you would like to contribute a small amount toward the upkeep of this valuable forum then please click the Donations link at the top of the page, just below the mode zero logo. All donations are kept anonymous. Thankyou

NeilMac

Post by NeilMac » 27 Jul 2019, 06:10

See, THIS is what happens when I stop looking at ebay for a few days... DOH!

Well done Phil, I'll be onto you for one of them Digispark thingies in the near future for an orange Waltron I recently bought from Mike.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"

NeilMac

Post by NeilMac » 13 Aug 2019, 21:54

Anyone see the orange Waltron Mini2 set up complete with box and all original packaging?

It sold for £205. :o

Shaun

Post by Shaun » 13 Aug 2019, 22:11

Yes. Amazing... Makes me want to sell mine if people want to chuck that much money at it..

Shaun.

NeilMac

Post by NeilMac » 13 Aug 2019, 22:21

I've already converted mine to 2.4 gHz. Not sure I would have wanted to sell it though... plus it's not orange.

That set looked unused, but still, two hundred quid.

Neil

Stew

Post by Stew » 24 Aug 2019, 10:26

A Mick Reeves Gangster 42 kit just went for £175!! I'm sure Mick still sells those (or at least the 63" version, and he doesn't charge that price either!
Interestingly he does a great little Tomboy full kit for £30. Goes together really nicely. I'm no more than a satisfied customer btw.

Mike_K

Post by Mike_K » 23 Sep 2019, 11:36

I wonder if this S/C set was built by somebody on this forum? It's worth watching just for the FrSky gear alone, the module looks like the original FrSky V8-HT, that some prefer and the V8R4 are a great little receivers. And there's a Phil_G S/C encoder as well. Or use as it is for those who don't like building sets themselves.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/single-chann ... Sw4cFdh-~V

Mike

PaulJ

Post by PaulJ » 23 Sep 2019, 13:23

I know the identity of "prangster2.4"....... I bought a Digimac II from him a while back and he turned out to be someone I knew (or at least, I knew his father). He runs a well known model shop and as such he will probably have bought it in from somewhere. I will message him and see if he knows anything about the background.

Paul