Out of hibernation?

Anything you like!
Stew

Out of hibernation?

Post by Stew »

Hi all.

Anyone out there come out of hibernation yet? Built or flown anything?
I've taken delivery of a posh new building board, renewed BMFA and the flyer/operator certificate malarkey, and made inroads into joining a new club (last one lost it's field).
So now that money has been spent, the urge to crack on has increased. Odd that.
Just ordered the Longbon plan (Aeromodeller) of the Carden Baynes 'Flea', which will be Free-flight, so this should keep me busy in the shed for a while and out of the way of visitors, household tasks, phone calls, and any other distractions from the noble and gentlemanly art of Aeromodelling.

Stew.
Jim

Re: Out of hibernation?

Post by Jim »

Last Sunday I was Billy no mates down the flying field for my first and only flights this year. The sun was shining 7-8mph breeze, perfect.
I flew my Glastar foamy first to make sure I've not forgotten how to fly then up with my Mini Robot. I had a great time :D

On the building board I have a Peter Russel STOL ll that I want to fly in the spring. I started the STOL last winter and it has sat for a year waiting to be finished.

I'm also working on Micro Mold Lark that Pete Christy kindly passed on to me, just waiting for some warmer and calmer weather for the test flights.

Happy flying everyone
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

I can't really say I hibernate as my activities just follow the seasons so when it's not comfortable outside I just adapt for indoor activities like building and give new ideas space but if we have one of those exceptional days with no wind and shiny snow from the sun I might also go out flying despite I'm not equipped with the heating pad like Mike_K has.
Project wise I'm busy with my LoRa project which is stretching my limits but about that more to come...and yes it has flow!
My consumption of balsa has slowed down for the time being but should pick up soon as Ponte is getting closer.
Cheers,

Tobe
Stew

Post by Stew »

Pleased to see some of you are sniffing the air and getting on with things. Always heartening to hear.
Been reasonably mild lately in my area so had a pre-emptive tidy up in the shed. Seems to be paying dividends. I can move around in there now.
I feel like Mole from 'The Wind in the Willows' feeling the call of the world outside...
Not long now before I commit a model to the sky.

Stew.
Hangsegler

Post by Hangsegler »

I'm not even going into hibernation.
I'm just shortening the winter.
Off to the south.
By plane on plane. Google Translator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlVwiNU ... rIQredZRYe

Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Hangsegler wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 07:08 I'm not even going into hibernation.
Summer is coming! :D
Hangsegler

Post by Hangsegler »

Phil_G wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 11:46
Yes, that's right. But the winter was shorter. Because we vacation there twice a year, for 2 weeks each. Nov./Dec. + Feb./March.
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Phil_G wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 11:46
Well, it's not in much of a rush in Northants.