Bought myself a new charger!

Anything you like!
Phil_G

Re: Bought myself a new charger!

Post by Phil_G »

Yep, it warns you & asks for confirmation, if you say yes off it goes with a non-balance charge:
Attachments
nobalance.jpg
Martin

Post by Martin »

Mine arrived this morning! I was out flying (and then at the pub) most of the day but tried it out with some batteries I had with me. Seems very easy to use and very nice. Thanks for the recommendation Phil, and based on the little use I've had from it so far I add my own recommendation.

One thing I've not found yet is whether it can charge (slowly) just using the balance connector. That would be a nice option when you want to charge small batteries with non-XT60 connectors without needing an XT60 to whatever adapter. I tried to do it the obvious way but it said 'not supported' or similar when I pressed start.

Maybe there's a way of doing it that I've not found yet, but if not it's still a great charger - I just need to solder up a handful of adapters or an 'octopus adapter' to connect the main charging XT60 port to all the different connectors that batteries (and their corresponding models) have that I've accrued over the years.
Last edited by Martin on 25 May 2018, 06:30, edited 2 times in total.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Went into the shed looking for something this afternoon, rummaging, found the deluxe charger!
Still cant remember what I was actually looking for.
Attachments
IMG_20180524_215359.jpg
IMG_20180524_215428.jpg
Igull

Post by Igull »

Phil_G wrote: 25 May 2018, 00:27 Went into the shed looking for something this afternoon, rummaging, found the deluxe charger!
Still cant remember what I was actually looking for.
LOL, you need to be an explosives expert to connect that to a LiPo now :lol:

Mind you, that Tamiya connector would probably fail before the LiPo went up :D

Shades of the 1980's and sub c 1200's :)

Cheers

Neil
Stew

Post by Stew »

Really good to see a worn out bit of electronic gear. Too many people throw things out because of the latest fad, but to see something like that worn smooth, modified, and used up having really worked for a living is very pleasing. I like to get a lot of wear out of things.
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

That is a neat little unit Phil. I needed a new charger last year, the one I had worked fine but only being able to charge one battery at a time was causing me a problem as I habitually take four or five models when I go flying using anything from 2S-240 upto 3S-2200, so I was looking for a multi output one. This is what I settled on, not as inexpensive as yours at 190 euros but only a fraction of what you can pay for the super-duper ones.
Charger.jpg
Four independent 100 watt outputs, with four balance boards, AC/DC input 1-15 Nicad/NiMH, 1-6 Lipo/Lion/Life, 2-24 volt PB. Nice logical operation and all the usual features like discharge, storage charge, non-balance charge etc. I have been well pleased with it, it really speeds things up to be able to charge four totally different packs at a time. Cmes with all the leads, balance boards etc. Drawbacks (apart from the price)? Only one, it weighs nearly 2 kilos!!

But if, like me, you want multiple outputs then I can recommend it.