Post by Carl »

Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
GarydNB

Re: Mass Launch With a Difference

Post by GarydNB »

I'm afraid mr drone pilot's transmitter would be given the lump hammer treatment!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

GarydNB wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 11:45 I'm afraid mr drone pilot's transmitter would be given the lump hammer treatment!
But then you wouldn't have had the excellent air to air video. ;)
A GoPro on a long stick just doesn't cut it.

Shaun
Igull

Post by Igull »

GarydNB wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 11:45 I'm afraid mr drone pilot's transmitter would be given the lump hammer treatment!
Sadly, I'm in agreement with Gary, it all has the same flavour as the dreaded FliteTest vids (I mostly like early FliteTest too !) where they just never succeed in standing still and taking the vid from the air. Attempting to fly around a flying aircraft like a busy bee just doesn't cut it, because they're both in the same 'common mode', it looks as if both are semi-stationary. /rant
There ARE some decent vids taken from 'drones' that are nailed in the sky and just use yaw to follow the aircraft - MUCH more natural
I actually saw this vid a bit earlier - scary - but must have been great fun :-)
Neil
Martin

Post by Martin »

Do each of the nine 'planes' that go together to make the thing just have just throttle and elevator control? I suppose that's all that is needed? So to roll the contraption you ask the 'planes' on one side climb a little and those on the other side to dive slightly? From the still-frame used as the YouTube thumbnail, it looks like there aren't nine separate receivers - maybe only four? For yaw control it uses differential throttle - so control might be lost on the glide - maybe it would fall into a spin?

Interesting concept but difficult to launch and tricky to land by the looks of it.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Here's an explainer video for the techies :geek:

Carl

STILL LEARNING