Diseasel or Leccy?

Anything you like!
Stew

Re: Diseasel or Leccy?

Post by Stew »

I wonder how many diesels are sitting in cupboards unused and merely a collectors piece? I find it very pleasing that in the 21st century they can still be had new. Red Fin and PAW being obvious examples. I much prefer to buy new to support the manufacturers, and then at least I know more or less what I'm getting and I can run it in to my satisfaction.
Fuel isn't the easiest to come by, I get a few cans from Mr Hook once a year at the FF nats, but the control line guys seem to have no problem getting, or indeed making it.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Each to their own and live and let live is my attitude. But, for me personally with regard to my models I'd endorse Sundancers approach even though I have model engines of all types totalling well into 3 figures. Even when not used in models I enjoy handling them and inspecting the workmanship with the occasional run in the garden for added pleasure.
Stew

Post by Stew »

I think mine have had more run time on the bench than in the air!
Ralkbirdy

Post by Ralkbirdy »

Quite simply, my flying site is electric only, so it is electric only. Gave up IC in the late 70's, restarted with gliders in the 80's, shortly followed by electric.