Whoops!

Anything you like!
Shaun

Re: Whoops!

Post by Shaun »

Phil, you are not responsible in any way, everything you contributed was balanced, factual and fair. Certain individuals on the RCM&E forum (like any forum) are very (even overtly) opinionated and seemingly like to have a voice on everything (whether qualified to or not) usually having a very narrow minded view on virtually every topic other than ones that concern them; their way or the high way !. So many keyboard warriors, so many posts.

I'm not concerned that some people think the retro column isn't valid; you'll never please everybody. I get many emails every month, direct and via the mag from all over the world from happy punters urging me to keep the column going ad infinitum and occasionally sending some great stories of modelling days of yore! Just done Ramblings 17, can't believe I had that much retro waffle stored in the old grey matter. :lol:

I believe Dave Ashby was 100% correct in drawing an ancient thread to a close and his suggestions about contacting Graham direct the best way. I personally know how busy he is and the editors job isn't one I would ever want as it requires great commitment and dedication. I've had articles back to proof read at midnight on Sunday more than once. Long may he keep enjoy doing it. ;)

Shaun
Last edited by Shaun on 30 Jan 2019, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun

Re: Whoops!

Post by Shaun »

Sundancer wrote:
Indeed Ron, whatever happened to "I don't agree with what you say but will defend to the death your fight to say it". Shame, but not too much of a surprise and one can foresee RCM&E becoming yet another mag full of five page articles about how to bolt together five pre-built bits of the latest Chinese import.
Not as long as they keep asking for the retro rebuild features I do (helped by a number of lads on the forum). Coming up to number 30 this month - that's in the last 3 years plus loads of traditional builds and new designs published from other contributors. There are usually 2 plans per month, so the mag is far from being an ARTF comic. The Micro / Mini Blitz was the most popular plan offered in recent years with many, many models being built. This was followed by the Sharkface with a fair number of Flea Fli's and Delta 362's being built as well. Balsa bashing is still very much alive and well. :)

Shaun