Been Flying

Anything you like!
Mike_K

Re: Been Flying

Post by Mike_K »

Late on Wednesday evening, Phil and me decided to visit Buckminster on Thursday. We arrived to grey skies and a bit of drizzle but it did improve a little and we had a great day flying despite the weather.
2xSkyleader_J60.jpg
We both took along our Junior 60's with Skyleader radio's, there can't be many times at Buckminster that the most common radio in use is a Skyleader, not a Spektrum or Futaba!
2xSkyleaders.jpg
There was virtually no wind for most of the day and the two Junior 60's were stooging around at 1/4 throttle in formation, vintage flying at its best.

I'd also taken Wayne's Weekender with me and I had a few minutes flying before handing over to Phil to try taking a video, but it was just too dim for the camera, so a photo on the ground has to suffice.
Buckminster.jpg
Phil had also taken an Easy Star using his Digiace that he'd had since new and made a great flying combination.

And as it got nearly dark we had a few flights with an HK Night Walrus, the LED's being very bright at that time of the day, bringing to a close nearly four hours flying and a fantastic day out.

Earlier in the day, we had a mini vintage transmitter display for the volunteers at the Buckminster centre, from left to right a Skyleader 3S, Skyleader 3+1, OS TX-6S reed set, Flight Link Series 3 and a Flight Link Duette
Tx_Display.jpg
Next time we go to Buckminster, anybody else fancies coming along if we give a bit more notice?

Mike
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Now I'm envious :mrgreen: :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Yes we had a really pleasant day, two J60's with two Skyleaders, who'd have thought :D
It stayed light until after 4 so we had plenty of flying time and it was flat calm, ideal :)
Had a go with your Weekender too Wayne :D
Mike wouldnt take the mags for nothing so I won a lovely OS Minitron 6ch Reeds set, well chuffed with it:

IMG_20200123_221211_531.JPG

On the last leg into BMFAHQ theres some sort of quarry and my lovely fresh-washed van is caked in mud!
Avoid the Crabtree Road route!
A job for tomorrow...

I'm up for the occasional trip to Buckminster too if anyone fancies it

Cheers
Phil
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Love that Minitron 6ch Reeds set too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

So if we moor up at Castleford we could cadge a lift?😉
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

I would have gone flying today, but I 've got to tidy up to make space for literally 100's of RCM&E magazines that Phil kindly gave me. The only problem is I keep getting distracted and reading some of the old ones.

Then I needed to tidy up my OS collection and as I know Phil likes his OS, I thought he'd like a photo of what I've collected (except I can't find my OS Arrow or the OS gold-coloured Minitron TX-II S/C set).
OS_Collection.jpg
I hope you know what they all are Phil?

Cheers

Mike