Poor design

Anything you like!
jackdaw

Re: Poor design

Post by jackdaw »

I know all about your apprehension over riding a bike on roads with motor vehicles. Last time I rode a bike on the road was just before I retired in 1996. I used to commute the 7mls each way to work and back on my Saracen mountain bike. The problem would be obvious if Google maps was consulted. I lived on the edge of South East Ipswich, near the airport as was. Work was the BT Research centre at Martlesham Heath. Even with seeking out as many back ways as possible it still meant crossing the A14(lots of HGV traffic to and from Felixstowe docks) and other dual carriage ways that joined the A14 to the A12. It was an exciting ride for all the wrong reasons. The most exciting(??) was negotiating the large roundabout under the A14 that allowed me to continue my journey on minor roads. We had a saying at work about those that used a bike to get to work and keep fit...….. 'you'll end up being the fittest corpse in the grave yard!'

Still got the bike in the back of the garage but now live in North Wales with lots more hills than Suffolk which I don't relish(72 this year) even with the bikes 21 gears!
NeilMac

Re: Poor design

Post by NeilMac »

Oh you'll have no trouble finding something in the 19" to 20" range and at a sensible price too. Bigger frames are more rare and smaller tend to be a little more popular, so a bit more expensive.

That's a fair point about riding on the roads, I have a camera on the front of the bike and regularly report idiot drivers to the Police, it is usually a lack of attention or awareness, but I do occasionally come across out and out malice.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"