Been in the loft!

Anything you like!
NeilMac

Been in the loft!

Post by NeilMac »

I am slowly but surely finding all my hidden treasurers in the loft, modelling stuff that I have kept as I knew at some point in my life I would want it.

I recently found my Fox 15, last flown round in circles in about 1979. It was bought from Henry J Nicholls for the sum of £4.16 and was a little gummed up when found but is turning over nicely again now. I will give it a run when I can find the DC engine stand I have... somewhere.

Today I found a box with magazines; a complete set of Aeromodellers from 1973, 74, 75 and most of 76, and, the real prize... my plans; two of which will be very shortly gracing my building board; the Apprentice s/c glider designed by David Boddington, and a 36" high wing s/c design called Snipe that is designed for a 0.49 engine, but I will convert it to lectric.

There is more stuff up there, I just need to move enough bags and boxes until I find it.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
jackdaw

Re: Been in the loft!

Post by jackdaw »

There's nowt in my loft other than lots of insulation and space(40ft sq footprint). There's not even a water tank, we have a pri-matic system with a 210ltr pressurised hot water storage tank in the airing cupboard. It's a shame to waste soooo much space.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

There's no water tank in the loft, just lots and lots and lots of 'stuff'.

I used to know where everything was... then my wife discovered all that 'storage space', and has been doing her very best ever since to fill every inch of it.
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

I do all my modelling in (half of) the loft - I have managed to protect my approx. 10ft x 6ft(?) area from invasion or encroachment for several years now :twisted:

It's not too bad - it's warmer and more convenient than the garage, but having only about a 3ft bench limits the size of what I can build - and I have to build starboard wings first.......
Attachments
That's a 44" KK Bandit wing
That's a 44" KK Bandit wing
The wall to the left means I can't overhang on that side....
The wall to the left means I can't overhang on that side....
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

So the 15ft wingspan, KeilKraft Southerner will have to wait then Col ...😊😊
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Actually..... Just use a lot of wing joiners :lol:
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Neil,
You need a word with Glyn re the Apprentice.. He had to do a lot of fettling to get it flying well....

Shaun..
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Shaun wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 13:02 You need a word with Glyn re the Apprentice.. He had to do a lot of fettling to get it flying well....

Shaun..
That's interesting, any ideas what the issues were?

Mind, after such a long break it would probably be difficult to spot whether the deficiencies in performance were down to the model, or the pilot.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

It was definitely the model, Glyn is an accomplished pilot. He comes on the forum occasionally but I'll give him a call and ask him to post some advice.

Shaun
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Shaun wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 13:48 It was definitely the model, Glyn is an accomplished pilot. He comes on the forum occasionally but I'll give him a call and ask him to post some advice.

Shaun
I have found a write up of an Apprentice build; there is something wrong with the design of the tail. It can be overcome with a little work.