New workshop!

Anything you like!
Phil_G

New workshop!

Post by Phil_G »

On my third attempt at retirement, claustrophobia finally got the better of me and I'm moving
out of the 10x6 shed at last!

Here's my new workshop. I'm already considering modifications, I might go for some sort of overhead protection against the rain, and to keep draughts away maybe some vertical screening around the edges.
I could even have the vertical bits meet the overhead bit, forming a kind of enclosure - obviously with an access panel of some sort:

IMG_20190307_141113.jpg

With so much practise, I've got pretty good at the act of retiring, I'm just no good at staying retired for more than a week... :lol:

Will post more as the project progresses...

Cheers
Phil
NeilMac

Re: New workshop!

Post by NeilMac »

I'm not seeing any services coming up through the base.

No water + No electricity = No kettle... DISASTER!
Last edited by NeilMac on 07 Mar 2019, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Stew

Post by Stew »

Surely it's a runway?
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

That's a bloody big building board you've got there Phil, are you joining the LMA?

Good luck with your retirement, you'll probably wonder how you found time to work :)

Mike
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

You'll have time to come for a boat trip!
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Ah so this is what you were talking about on Tuesday! Will you be having a rocking chair on the verandah when it's finished???
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

I would definitely recommend a verandah Phil, I know we get better weather than you but I very much enjoy sitting outside my more modest establishment when conditions are right for jobs like carving, sanding and doping, keeps the mess and smell level inside down!.
Attachments
WS7.jpg
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Good luck with the retirement, Phil! Its nearly six years since I packed it in. I thought I would miss working, but I don't! I decided to stop dead when I quit. When my colleagues heard I was going I was inundated with offers of freelance work, but I just said "NO!" and stopped.

As Mike says, I now wonder how I ever found time to work! Between modelling, the ukulele band and maintaining the old car, I barely have time to eat and sleep!

I'm currently working flat out on a new model for Ponty. It'll be touch and go to get it finished in time, as its turning out to be more complex than I'd imagined. Fingers crossed, and see you there!

:D

--
Pete
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Good luck with your retirement, you deserve it....... though I hope you're not retiring from making all your electronic gizmos...... If you charged a realistic price for them you would have a great retirement business! :P
Stew

Post by Stew »

I find it fascinating seeing the places where people carry out their hobbies, often quite unlikely nooks too.
Perhaps it's time we had the essential 'show us your modelling room' thread...I'm a nosy bugger me...