Lidl Drone Horreur!

Anything you like!
Twitcher

Lidl Drone Horreur!

Post by Twitcher »

Strolling down the Middle Aisle at our recently-opened Lidl store this morning, wot did I see but an "Aerobatic Drone" (yes, one of those) for the princely sum of £25. Complete with battery, charger, tranny etc.. Naturally, the instructions made no mention of legal issues, insurance or any of those awkward things . . .

Words fail me.

David
Shaun

Re: Lidl Drone Horreur!

Post by Shaun »

If they are under 250g they are exempt from a number of the new regs but still shameful they are not including a copy of the drone code with them to educate.

One upside is many of these toy drones have very limited range

Shaun
Pchristy

Re: Lidl Drone Horreur!

Post by Pchristy »

Lovely sunny day today, so I moved my building board outside! After a while, I hear a familiar buzzing sound, and yes, its a drone, hovering over the steam railway viaduct, presumably hoping to get some shots of the steam train.

The pilot is standing close to the viaduct, having taken off from the pavement and over the busy-ish road, and parked on the double yellow lines!

I went down and asked him if he'd ever heard of the Air Navigation Order. "No? What's that?" Insurance? "No? Do I need it?" Drone Aware website? "Never heard of it!" Was he aware that the steam railway had specifically asked people not to fly over their tracks with drones? "No!"

I suggested he take his toy somewhere else to fly, and he left, looking very sheepish.

During the peak of the holiday season, we get this several times a week. I need to get some of those "No Drones" signs.....

--
Pete