So whats pumpin' on your stereo right now?

Anything you like!
RON
Site Admin

Re: So whats pumpin' on your stereo right now?

Post by RON »

Just found a nice track by Tom Walker called “Leave a light on” acoustic version.
These plans you can subscribe to where you get unlimited music listening are brilliant.
The amount of new stuff you find is amazing.

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Proper retro! :D

Hard to believe that "Shakin' All Over" was originally released in 1959! And The Zombies "Odessey & Oracle" was probably the most under-rated album of the 60s!

;)

--
Pete
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Most of my professional life, I was a video editor, working for major broadcasters. While working on one project, many moons ago, the producer came in cock-a-hoop - he'd managed to find a copy of Country Joe MacDonald & The Fish doing the "Feel Like I'm Fixin To Die" rag - a Vietnam protest song - on an original 45. (As featured on the film of Woodstock)

He'd paid over £50 for it then, and that must have been 30 years ago! He wasn't best pleased when I told him I'd got a copy I'd owned from new.......! :lol:

My record deck is a Goldring-Lenco GL75 transcription unit. Not a "top of the range" deck, but more than adequate, and it has one feature that I need - it plays 78s! I have quite a collection of those, including Lonnie Donegan and also the Crickets on 78s. Some of my collection are so old that they are non-standard sizes (9"!) and won't play on an auto-changer as the labels are much smaller than standard. The labels also say "electrically recorded" - which gives some idea of their antiquity!

If your gonna go retro - GO RETRO! :lol:

--
Pete
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

What! Nobody listening to Al Bowlly or Geraldo? Or is it that I'm a little older than most?
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

coming a little more up to date when I was 22 (I thought Grace Slick was HOT!)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_raXzIRgsA
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Foo Fighters!
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Neighbour on one side has ACDC running most days and the people over the back fence play Bob Marley so loud I can't hear the telly so there's no point to buying a stereo....
Stew

Post by Stew »

Jackdaw, gotta love white rabbit. Grace Slick was some girl! Quite like Pink's version too. The version she does live for the Jimmy Kimmel show is really good.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

GarydNB wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 01:34 Neighbour on one side has ACDC running most days and the people over the back fence play Bob Marley so loud I can't hear the telly so there's no point to buying a stereo....
Gary, I suggest you buy a Pulse Jet and feel the need to test it when the "music" gets too loud! ;)

Paul
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Hi Paul,
Nup, I'd lose that argument as well! Mr Bob Marley bloke is the local bikie gang drug dealer and both he and ACADACA next door ride Harley Davidsons which seem to be constantly in need of a tune-up.😐. Wish some bugger would hurry up and buy me 'ouse.
Gary