Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Anything you like!
GeeW

Re: Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Post by GeeW »

About time we had a Gyron plan drawn up and used as model of the moment for a Ponty do I say...
but what do I know!
I am under the belief that there never was a proper Gyron plan? Am I correct in this?

Gordon
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

I concur. Assembly diagram and pre cut parts is my understanding. Although, I've never actually seen one. Any one ever have one????
belli

Post by belli »

A Gyron is one I have wanted since seeing a photo in RCME, isn't that a plan in the box?
Do we need to whip the hat around?
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

GeeW wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 19:44 About time we had a Gyron plan drawn up and used as model of the moment for a Ponty do I say...
Gordon
It shouldn't be too difficult to draw up a plan, a quick google turned these up.......
Gyron.jpg
Gyron2.jpg
The print isn't that clear but the span was 36" so it would be possible to scale the rest......

Paul
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Boddo's summary provides insight into some of the recollections expressed earlier re not being perhaps the best flyer:

The review model incorporated approximately 1 1/2 deg right side thrust and it is suggested that this should not be exceeded except for the most powerful engines. Left turns can be maintained without losing height, providing the rudder is not held on throughout the turn. On the glide rudder is less effective, but at all times adequate. Although the spiral diving characteristics are not ideal for a beginners model, it allows the more proficient flyer to engage in some lively aerobatics, and from a turn in either direction, the 'Gyron' will execute very snappy barrel rolls. True loops were not achieved with the review model, but with a little more power, these should be quite possible.

Summarising: the 'Gyron' is a rugged model capable of taking most of the hard knocks which, in the hands of the inexperienced, it is likely to get. As a beginners model it is not in the same class as its companions the "Super Sixty" and the "Mini-Super" for it does not possess the same inherent stability and forgiving characteristics. For the more ambitious S/C flyer, it should give some sporting flying suitable for most weather conditions; this type of flyer may wish to fit a larger fuel tank to give longer flights.

It looks & sounds like a reasonable model - would probably go well with G/G :P

Personally though, I think I still prefer the larger KK Outlaw
(https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1307)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I'll have a go at that.. I need the RX / Actuator to go with my Tx.

Shaun
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Stew

Post by Stew »

ozrs

Post by ozrs »

Check out the radio gear in this boat: