Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Anything you like!
Carl

Re: Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Post by Carl »

Now this isn't the first time I've seen a kit listed like this. The seller is having a joke surely :?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Keil ... 2982262383

I've seen another kit before where the seller stated the model appears to have been taken apart and put back in the box :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - it was a box full of scrap balsa.
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
------------------------------------
ozrs

Post by ozrs »

This was on ebay and snapped up pretty quick BIN, can't be many around:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Airpla ... 7675.l2557
ED Rx pack.jpg
Richard
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

ozrs wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 06:38 This was on ebay and snapped up pretty quick BIN, can't be many around:
I was the lucky person to buy the ED Boomerang from eBay, to go with the rest of the ED in my collection.

You're quite correct "there can't be many around", though I'm lucky that I already have one, albeit in a tatty box with the meter socket missing, together with a MK2 Tx and they both work together OK. The new one will be matched up with a pristine ED MK2 Tx I've recently acquired, hopefully I'll get them both working as well.

Cheers Mike
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Mike,

What value is the pot in the Boomerang set please?

Shaun
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Very good... :lol:
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Phil_G wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 14:06 ...about £100 :lol:
The Boomerang is costing me around £100 with shipping and tax, but the good news is that the pot comes for free :D

...because it's missing from the set :cry:

Luckily I've got a couple of spare ED pots (or at least they are period), together with a battery box to finally make a complete Boomerang set :D

And to go with it I've got four ED MK2 Tx and a MK3 Tx, a box of various ED, ECC and Hill Rx. I like my ED!!

Back to Shauns original question. It depends if you've got the hard or soft valve receiver. One of the hard valve Rx I got came with a 50K pot and a soft valve Rx came with a 20K pot. I thought you had an ED Boomerang set as well Shaun?

I have to confess that when I'm demonstrating the old ED set to friends, I always use a soft valve Rx as they work with far less trouble, though I think I'm slowly killing the XFG1 by running too high a current.

To cheer you up for the weekend, I've taken a quick picture of my ED Boomerang set (on top of this months RCM&E to hide the coffee stains) and some of my ED collection taken a few years back.

Mike

ED_Boomerangjpg.jpg
ED_Collection.jpg
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I have some receivers but never managed to get the boxed version. There's this mate of mine down south that keeps buying them before I realise they are for sale... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shaun
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

You've got to be quick around here Shaun :lol: :lol:

But seriously, when the one arrives from the States, I was going to put the other "tatty" one on eBay with a matching ED MK2 Tx as I'm running out of storage space. If you've got something interesting you'd like to swap it for, it's yours.

Cheers MIke
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I'll get my thinking cap on..

Speak soon..

Shaun
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

Just found some info in case it is useful
pot.jpg
https://arduino-shop.eu/arduino-platfor ... 52017.html
You only ever need two tools....WD40 and duct tape.
If it doesn't move when it should use the WD40 and if it moves and it shouldn't use the tape.