Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Anything you like!
Shaun

Re: Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Post by Shaun »

Can't wait for you to check out the specs listed on eBay..

Resditance Value: Standard 5KΩ
Resditance Tolerance: ±20%
Resolution: Essentially Inf
Outpoot Smoothness: 0.5% maximum
X& Y Axis Electricity Corner: ±25°
Z Axis Electricity Corner:
PTFE inslatedlead wires standard length 100mm other lengths on request.

:lol:

Shaun.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

1"depth would be good but what is an "electricity corner" :?: :D
jmp_blackfoot

Post by jmp_blackfoot »

"angle" ???
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Phil_G wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 10:09 I'll be trying for the Staveley 4, though I've no doubt it will skyrocket.... :(
Hope you dug deep Phil! 112 quid! Doubled in the last two minutes.....
Gary
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Guys,
I fancy going for the blue anodised 3 channel OS set on eBay for the museum if nobody else does.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Phil_G wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 17:32 I wonder who got the Staveley Deluxe 4? £112 plus £8 delivery... wow :roll:
The poor thing could have had a new life slope-soaring over the rolling Derbyshire hills -
but it looks like someone was desperate for another shelfweight :roll:

Peeved? Me? Whatever makes you say that? :lol:

Cheers
Phil
Phil, I feel for you and I would quite have liked the Rx and servo's!. I bid up to £101 hoping to get it for you, but somebody must have wanted it pretty badly.

But may I make a suggestion?

Most of us on this forum make use of your S/C encoders and/or Arduino code for 7ch propo and/or reed sets. You sell the S/C encoders at cost. You don't ask any donation for your Arduino code. If you just charged £5 more for every S/C encoder and everybody made a few £ or $ donation when they use your Arduino code, then you would have made enough money to win the Staveley on eBay.

What does everybody else think?

I'll start it off by donating the Skyleader Clubman Super I've just started converting with my 8 channel, 10 model encoder with LCD display. I've only got as far as removing the Skyleader label to cut the aperture for the LCD display and menu switches. When the Skyleader is finished, you can either keep it or flog it on eBay towards the next Staveley analogue with Kraft sticks that comes along.

Cheers

Mike

Skyleader_CS.jpg
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Thats a very kind thought Mike but I really dont want to overcharge for my own benefit, I love to see the old sets back on the field, especially the S/C and reed sets, thats reward enough. My Dad always said that any attempt to profit from a hobby simply kills your interest stone dead, and its one thing I've always been keen to convey - its a non-profit venture purely for fun!
So thank you for the kind thoughts but lets "keep calm and carry on" as the T-shirt says!
:D
Cheers
Phil
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Phil, I hear what you say and it is very laudable, however I'm with Mike...... You don't charge enough for what is a fantastic product that is very much appreciated and valued by all who use them. I have now had (I think) 6 s/c, 2 reed and 6 propo encoders and have just requested another and it has reached the stage where I feel guilty asking for them because I know a great deal of thought, know-how and work has gone into a thing that I simply couldn't do for myself and I just feel that I am "taking advantage" of your skills and generosity.......

So here's a suggestion....... Phil, leave your prices exactly as they are and anyone who feels like Mike and me will just add a "donation". My guess is that the extra will quickly mount up to enough to fund several Staveleys :P
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

There's a nice OS Pixie mk1 on eBay if anybody is after one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-O-S- ... :rk:1:pf:0
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Phil_G wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 20:50 Its not a patch on Ron's replica! :D
:D :D :D :D :D

IMG_0679.jpg