Post by NeilMac »

Phil_G wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 17:00 Its a Codamac Neil - horrible things :D
That would explain the price then.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Mike_K

Re: Ebay bargains & tip-offs

Post by Mike_K »

Phil_G wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 17:00 Its a Codamac Neil - horrible things :D
Just when I've got a Codamac stripped out ready for conversion and you tell me its horrible, you could've told me before I started :lol:

Actually the reason that I'm converting it is because mine is horrible! I couldn't bring myself to convert my boxed Futaba FR23 Codemaster or Staveley Tonelock, so the Codamac was chosen as it's dented, missing most of the labeling and lettering and has a bit of corrosion for good measure.

Has anybody stripped off all the labeling off a wee Mac and then printed new labeling with clear laser labels? I guess what I'm really asking is has anybody already got the graphics done for a wee Mac to save me having to fire up Photoshop/Illustrator?

Mike
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Take no notice Mike, Phil's a dedicated button only man.

My 2.4g converted Codamac is still going great after 6 or 7 years, It was Phils first version of the Codamac - add on encoder. Mine also has a push button on the side to give kick up (or down) elevator to save you banging the stick from left to right. I made some simple clear vinyl stickers and just painted the lines solid down the side and re named it the GigaMac. Phils right though. The best coder Tx (in my opinion) was the Stavely closely followed by the Futaba.

Shaun
Gigamac.JPG
Gigamac Inside.JPG
gigimac 2.JPG
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Try this mike, you may need to delete some stuff like the meter rectangle bezel etc but it’s more or less there.

This of course is the mr200 but the logo and the Roman stuff down the sides are near enough.
Ron.
C1EA9522-AF6B-4C0C-81C2-4468AB531D34.jpeg
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Ron wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 21:22 Try this mike, you may need to delete some stuff like the meter rectangle bezel etc but it’s more or less there.

This of course is the mr200 but the logo and the Celtic stuff down the sides are near enough.
Ron.
Fixed that for you Ron.

The Roman's never made it into Scotland.... they built a huge wall to protect themselves from the Celt's.
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Ron wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 21:22 Try this mike, you may need to delete some stuff like the meter rectangle bezel etc but it’s more or less there.

This of course is the mr200 but the logo and the Roman stuff down the sides are near enough.
Ron.

C1EA9522-AF6B-4C0C-81C2-4468AB531D34.jpeg
Thanks Ron
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Boxed MacGregor s/c valve Tx, Rx and escapement.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Chann ... Sw6UlchWba
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

NeilMac wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 22:02

This of course is the mr200 but the logo and the Celtic stuff down the sides are near enough.
Ron.
Fixed that for you Ron.

The Roman's never made it into Scotland.... they built a huge wall to protect themselves from the Celt's.
Thanks Neil,
But as far as I’m aware Macgregor never made it into Scotland either :D , They were based in Langley!

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Well, yes, I'll give you that....