Powering and orange tx module

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
chlluk

Powering and orange tx module

Post by chlluk »

Hi
I have just have an Orange Diy 2.4 module. The tech spec rates it at 6V. Much of our TTL logic is 5v, is there a way round this.
Clive
Mike_K

Re: Powering and orange tx module

Post by Mike_K »

I use the standard 5V output from an arduino and I've never had a problem. In fact it works OK with the 3V3 output from a 3.3V arduino or STM32 board. I would guess the 6V probably refers to the max signal voltage? As far as powering them, I normally power them from a 2S Lipo, but they're OK on a 3S Lipo as well and happily work down to 5V, so I guess the 6V could refer to the minimum supply voltage?

Phil_G is normally the best person to ask with different modules, if he doesn't see this post, pm him with the squadron.

Mike
chlluk

Post by chlluk »

Many thanks
Clive
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Hi Clive. The spec is from 6v to 15v, so its the same as pretty much any other, you can use a 2S lipo, 3S lipo, 3xLiFePo4, 8xNiMh, PP3, etc...
The PPM input is protected so it will accept a signal at 3.3v, 5v, or full battery voltage.
chlluk

Post by chlluk »

Thanks
Clive
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Thanks Mike and Phil,
I just found this post and you guys answered a question I was going to ask which is if the 3.3V arduino will work with an Orange RX DSM2 module.

This is the best forum, so much talent and free sharing of ideas and technology.

Jayman.