Tiny cheap FrSky D8 compatible 4 channel receiver

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
Martin

Tiny cheap FrSky D8 compatible 4 channel receiver

Post by Martin »

I posted this in the 'Another RDT question' thread but thought I should copy it here as it's not really about RDT and this will make it easier to find in future.

Three of these arrived from BangGood this morning.

https://www.banggood.com/2_4G-4CH-Mini- ... rehouse=CN

In case Banggood drop or change the listing, the board is labelled "FRSKY FR-4CH" so you'll probably be able to find it with an internet search.

Super tiny, cheap, and (according to the blurb) full range. Four normal servos supported. The comments say that by shorting two channels together you can get CPPM on one channel (same as the D4R-II and presumably 8 channels worth - so good for multirotors or other aircraft that use a compatible flight controller).
You have to solder the (supplied) servo connectors yourself but this is a good thing if you're trying to save space and weight as you can omit the connectors and solder servo leads direct to the receiver.
Failsafe is only supposed to work on one channel - obviously choose that channel for throttle - this is different and inferior to normal FrSky receivers where all channels can be programmed to failsafe by a quick prod of the binding button when already powered up and receiving.
Wayne_H

Re: Tiny cheap FrSky D8 compatible 4 channel receiver

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Martin,

I have several of these. For the sake of a gram, I fitted the connectors & also clear heat shrink, just to eliminate the risk of any inadvertent shorting, especially with my "passion fingers" in a small fuselage. :oops: While I could get these Rxs to bind to the Taranis Tx, I couldn't get them to routinely bind to a Frsky DIY module for some reason :? Please let us know how you go with them.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)