HK OrangeRx DSM2/X Futaba-style modules on offer

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
Phil_G

HK OrangeRx DSM2/X Futaba-style modules on offer

Post by Phil_G »

See edit, not the bargain it first appears...

HobbyKing have the OrangeRx DSM2/X Futaba-style modules on offer at £20:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-sw ... tible.html
Its the switchable version which makes it more versatile. Using the DIP switch you can set the RF output power, set the protocol to DSM2, DSMX, Walkera or 'auto', enable/disable channel mapping (eg AETR to TAER), choose the framerate (11ms or 22), resolution (1024 or 2048)...
I'm not a Spekky fan but for only £20 I thought I'd buy one for my stash :D
Cheers
Phil

Edit: You were right Allan - £12 import duties to pay making this cheap £20 module an expensive £32 module.
I didnt even need one, I only bought it cos it was cheap.... I dont generally do Spektrum stuff.
Lesson learned. Come back Rob Carpenter all is forgiven
:D
Carl

Re: HK OrangeRx DSM2/X Futaba-style modules on offer

Post by Carl »

Won't you get clobbered with import duty as it's over £15? It's only available from the China warehouse.
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
------------------------------------
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

'Fraid so. 20% on £20.54 = £4.108. To which they could charge 20% on the shipping cost and then the GPO will charge you between £8 to £12 to collect it. Or, you could be very lucky and it could slip through.
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

You actually used to be able to specify what percentage of the true value that would be put on the customs label, but that is long gone. However, they do seem to put an arbitrary low value on for the stuff I have bought.

I'm not sure how many orders I have made on the HK Worldwide Warehouse, but it's quite a few and I've only been stung for the VAT/import duty once, just after they got rid of the aforementioned 'percentage of true value' option and were I think marking the true value. They probably stopped that once they saw the average order value plummet! Mind you, I have only bought small packages where the sub £15 value is believable to anyone handling the package - I would think that would be unlikely were you to be silly enough to buy a kit.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad
Work your way through this lot. First mention of the £15 limit on personal imports is on page 2. But, what I put in my previous post is correct. Its' just luck if you get through without paying when you should. Possibly more chance from China/HK of escaping but I've found that anything coming from the USA you get caught.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Phil_G wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 15:32Come back Rob Carpenter all is forgiven :D
No chance of that. If he gets his crystal balls from the same place I do then there is little chance of making money in a contracting market place.