Pixie Mk2 Case

TomWatson

Pixie Mk2 Case

Post by TomWatson »

Is there an STL file for the Pixie Mk2 case please? I have the lid but I can't find the case
Mike_K

Re: Pixie Mk2 Case

Post by Mike_K »

Tom

There are OS Pixie MK1 files available on this site.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=272

The Pixie MK2 I've been working on didn't 3D print well and I have a little more work to do on the lid. So unless somebody has got further than me, then there are no Pixie MK2 files available yet.

One of the OS Pixie MK2 cases I had printed was given to Ron at the recent Pontefract meeting, so you may see pictures of that soon.

Cheers

Mike
Sparky1phillip

Post by Sparky1phillip »

Hi Lads, I am currantly making the mark 1 version cant wait for the mk 2 version. I had a real one (mk2 that is) a long time and several address changes ago now. Lord knows where it ended up. only the cases would have been usfull now. I'de also like to make the ten/12 channel 2.4 reed set. using arduino pro mini. I don't know what size case you used though Phil.Have you got the dimensions please. Kindest regards Phill W.
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

The OS Pixie MK2 files are available here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=852&hilit=pixie+mk2

Frank
Sparky1phillip

Post by Sparky1phillip »

Thanks Frank, Ive got several pixie cases now mk 1 and mk2. I now need the case size dimensions for the twelve channel reeduino tx case. If you or anyone has them. Thank Phill W (wiggles)
Sparky1phillip

Post by Sparky1phillip »

Phil_G wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 15:32 Hi Phil, the prototype Reeduino was just a Hammond die-cast project box from Farnell:
117mm wide, 186mm tall, 57mm deep.
I think this is it
All my other reed sets are real (Orbit, Remcon, RCS, Graupner, Ariel...)
Both my Pixies are real too :D
Hi Phil, Thanks for that. I found this hammond one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hammond-1550 ... %7Ciid%3A1 - at 222x146 x55 on ebay bit more room inside I Think.I havnt got it yet My mate says he has an oxo tin I might use instead. Bye the bye did you ever get an answer to the ardente d1001 5:1 interstage sub miniture transformer to build that Tinytone? In the Terrytone 2, I remanufactured I used the lr 44 audio transformer that you surgested. It seemed to work all be it with reduced range. but it isnt for fliying on. just an experiment. There is still something wrong with it. Without a carrier signat the relay chatters. I used pnp silicon transistors for the most part Ac128 to switch the relay.I moded it a bit too using the Simpletone circuit as a reference. I also have an old, but looks working RCS guidance system rx. I'm not sure what the wiring is for that one. Black, yellow, red,blue, white, wires comming out in that order? I asume the black and red are 3 volt in yelow is escapement out, I don't know what blue and white are. Its similar to that circuit on the Norsim website. If it doesnt work At least it has a d1001 in it. But i woulnd want to scrap it just to get that for another project. As I remember the rcs was quite a good receiver. I surpose you know there is a way to make them documented in an old rcme july 1961 by J.H. Brunt , but it looks too fiddly for me. I wonder if you ever found a work around? Anyway thanks for answering and Happy Christmas to you, Shaun and all your people. I'm still working on the lockdown project too. Along wih my Great mate Howard Smith. Cheers for now Phill W (wiggles). P.S. I've just found this site on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Matchi ... XQVT9SzblD - wil any of these do Phil there are one or two to choose from.
Sparky1phillip

Terrytone 2 project Help needed!

Post by Sparky1phillip »

Hi All, I am back working on the Macgregor Terrytone two pc board I made. Now that I have the components list I have replaced all my guessed components for the originals and guess what - It didn't work at all. So I investigated with the scope and the signal gets as far as the third transistior base then stops. I checked around and there is no negative voltage on the collectors - I am measuring with reversed avo leads - i.e. Positive earth. I can't see how it can work as the collector of the third transistor goes to the primary of the what should be the ardente d1001 5:1 transformer but on mine is an audio transformer. and then to the collector of the forth transistor. If I short forth transistor collector to the negative rail it then comes alive and works. All be it still short range. A coulpe of feet only. Im using a macgregor 27 meg tone transmitter. the signal shows up quite well at the base of the forth transistor then is much smaller on the emitter follower. As said befor I have used available pnp silicon transistors BC557's the out put relay transistor is a germanium Mulard AC128. Apart from starting again using a propper ardente d1001 and all the propper germanium transistors I cant think what to do next. Has anyone any Ideas? I know these type of receivers did rely on a quite high gain ocillator (first) transistor to get it to super regenerate at all and it looks like from the data sheet that someone change a couple of small cap values around the first stage. A Mate of mine said that that kit never did work very well anyway and the only kit he ever built that worked well was a Kraft kit with very high gain first transistor, but i know they do work I'n obviously missing something somewhere. This project of mine is only for nostalgia and for me learning i bit more about the subject and a bench demonstration only and not for flying on. I have the excelent 2.4 set from Phil G for that. I do have a minimac receiver too and a Supermac relay rx. I would just like to know why the terrytone 2 does not work properly. If anyone can help like has anyone got a Terrytone two propper circuit diagram, I would appreciate any help. Happy Christmas all P.S. I have just found out that the short I put on to make it work should have been there all the time. I think my next move is to find a propper d1001 transformer from somewhere. I know they are hard to get. I may have to borrow one from my Rex boyer simpletone rx which works resonably well for a super regen. This may improve ther range somewhat. I will keep you informed. All good stuff. (Wiggles)
jmp_blackfoot

Post by jmp_blackfoot »

Here are the scematic of my Terrytone II and a Mc Gregor instruction booklet for the Terrytone receiver.
Xicon makes small 10k:2k audiotransformers at a decent price which are most probably suitable for your project, even though not as small as the originals.
I got some from Mouser:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xi ... e91g%3D%3D
Good luck with your efforts!

MacGregor Terrytone Instructions original Link - edited Mike_K
viewtopic.php?p=4274#p4274

MacGregor_Terrytone_II.jpg
Sparky1phillip

Post by Sparky1phillip »

Hi jmp_blackfoot, Thanks for the Terytone 2 circuit and the other stuiff, most helpfull. All working now. Sorry about the slow reply. Kindest regards Phill W
Sparky1phillip

Re: Pixie Mk2 Case - terytone two

Post by Sparky1phillip »

I think I have now cracked ity with the terrytone two. Full range on the Mike kitchen one now which has a 2n677 as ist transistor no longer available. I think the reduced range on my scratch built one was due to the ist transistor not being correct. I am going to try it with an af127 germainium pnp transistor which is still available, to see if that make the range better.