7th Ponty Fly In - Mystery Model

Events and news
Martin

Re: 7th Ponty Fly In - Mystery Model

Post by Martin »

Many thanks to Shaun, Phil, Ron, and everyone else involved in organising a great event - also thanks to everyone that attended and demonstrated a wonderful collection of models and transmitters. :D
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Glad everyone enjoyed number 7. It makes all the effort the team involved organising and running it worth it.
Yet again we dodged the weather bullet....

Next year we will give you more time to build the event model but it was great to see the collection of Pulstar's that turned up.

Wayne sent over a Weekender all the way from Australia as a prize and it went home with a worthy winner Mike Kitchen. Having flown it , it certainly wasn't short on power and in performance terms reminded me of Marks ballistic X Kraft from years ago.

Here's to next year...

Shaun & Phil.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Thanks everyone for making it a fantastic day once again, Saturday morning was a washout but John did manage to run the all-electric meeting very successfully in the afternoon, but Sunday (which is the S/C & Retro R/C day) was perfect, sunshine lollipops & rainbows, a brilliant day.
As you can see from Ade's photos the Pulstar mass-launch was very entertaining with (I think) 12 models all in?The Behemoth was last away and was the slowest of all, very stable and a delight to fly, Shaun let me have a go on the sticks, very relaxing even flying someone elses model.
The Pulstar surprised me, I expected Ebeneezer-style antics but its a remarkable flyer, I think Barry's was the smoothest but all the different variations flew well - V tail, vectored thrust, and EDF and others... great fun.

Special mention to Peter the BBQ captain who fed the 5000 and Bill who did sterling grass-cutting work, it was like a bowling green. Dave Cowburn worked hard on the C/L grass too and kept things circling all day.
Also Ron for the superb mugs and all the individuals who donated prizes - Neal at Igull, Leon at Belaire, Pete Christie, that Garritty bloke for the magazine plugs and Wes for doing the comps - hope I've not forgotten anyone, thanks all but mostly thanks to all the flyers who make it such an entertaining and unique event. Superb.
Thanks very much lads!
Cheers
Phil

ponty2018_wide.jpg
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Can I second Martin's thanks to everybody who help organise the event, especially Shaun and Phil, when everything runs as smoothly as it did, you know a lot of work went on in the background.

Also a big thank you need to be sent to all the PANDAS club members who sacrificed their weekend flying for our benefit. The event got moved to this weekend as the racecourse was in use for the original date, so they are missing flying on two weekends close together. I'm not too certain that the members of my club would be so generous in giving up their flying time for others.

And a big thank you to everybody who attended, in particular Pete Christy for yet again helping me get my models in the air. Every single person I spoke to were friendly and had a smile on their face, it is what made the event so enjoyable.

And we only have to wait a month until the retro meet at Buckminster, so see you all there?

Cheers

Mike
Mosfets

Post by Mosfets »

Hi Oteru

I am happy for you to use my photos but you will need to check if any who are pictured in the photographs object.

Ade
oteru

Post by oteru »

Thank you. Ade
I will use images of only the aircraft.

Hello. Shaun
From the article on mystery model announcement, I already used your photo.
I'm sorry.
http://singlechannel.seesaa.net/article/459585780.html

I am looking forward to someone's video release.

oteru
Japan
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

Only a day late.... <sigh> as yet un-flown and weighs in at a slightly portly 8.2 oz RTF. I will likely add a bit of colour decoration for orientation.
(Note to self...must try harder next year)
IMG_2005.JPG
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

oteru wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 14:51 Thank you. Ade
I will use images of only the aircraft.

Hello. Shaun
From the article on mystery model announcement, I already used your photo.
I'm sorry.
http://singlechannel.seesaa.net/article/459585780.html

I am looking forward to someone's video release.

oteru
Japan
No problem Oteru, I'm happy for you to use them.

Regards,

Shaun
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Got home about 1430 today after a 5 1/2 hour drive. Thank God for Google maps, which managed to divert me away from the M18 chaos!

Many, many thanks to Shaun, Phil and the rest of the Pandas team for organising yet another fantastic event! I don't know what pull they have with 'Im Upstairs, but they even managed to make the rain and thunderstorms go around us! :D

I managed to fly everything I took, without breaking anything, though I had a couple of scary take-offs with the Jackdaw whilst I retrained my fingers for reeds after a nearly 40 year absence!

And once again, the attendees didn't disappoint, with some truly original models!

Roll on next year!

--
Pete
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Here's a few photos I took

Ron
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG