Who's going to the Nats?

Events and news
PaulJ

Who's going to the Nats?

Post by PaulJ »

Is anyone going to the Nationals? I will be going on either Saturday OR Sunday depending on the weather forecast a bit nearer the time :roll:. For me the main event is the "chuck n duck" in the evening, though there are some changes this year.......

http://bmfa-nats.org/power-nationals/ev ... t-jamboree

Max weight of 500gm and they are incuding "radio assist" which seems like a good excuse for some gentle s/c flying. :P

Paul
Shaun

Re: Who's going to the Nats?

Post by Shaun »

Je serai là du vendredi au dimanche

Just showing off what remains of my school boy French.

And as I've just got back from Germany

Ich werde von Freitag bis Sonntag dort sein.

Shaun.
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

I'll be there the whole week-end, but as I've been roped into judging helicopters, I'm not sure how much "free" time I'll have!

--
Pete
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Don't forget there is a 2.4g line for evening flying so we can fly retro there and and I believe sub 500g rudder only can fly with the chuck and duck mob.

Cheers,

Shaun
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

I wish I could go, but I can't as I'm at the Great Dorset Steam Fair playing with steam traction engines. It could be worse though as I'm sitting here writing this with a pint in my hand and the biggest collection of steam traction engines ever assembled, there are nearly 600 engines to celebrate the 50th year of the show.

I hope you all have a great time at the nats

Mike
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

Enjoy the smell of steam oil Mike (it's almost as nostalgic as Paraffin and Ether fumes). You are sitting on the Tarrant Hinton flyers' site ! Thanks to the GDSF, the patch gets well rolled after the fair has packed up.
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Shaun wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 18:39 Don't forget there is a 2.4g line for evening flying so we can fly retro there and and I believe sub 500g rudder only can fly with the chuck and duck mob.

Cheers,

Shaun
I want to chuck and duck and I also have a couple of sub 500g retro models so I'll be at that end........ on Saturday, Sunday's not looking too good.

Paul
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I had a fantastic "Chuck n Duck"! :D In sharp contrast to last year when I lost two models ON THE GROUND when another model crashed into them, this year I took two freeflighters and two "radio assist" and managed to accumulate no less than THREE "fetchermites" who were queuing up to fetch them back! :roll: The weather was perfect and it was a case of launching one after the other as fast as I could start them and they just came back as if by a miracle! :lol: I lost count but I must have had 20+ flights........ Sometimes things just go right. :P

The BMFA specifically allowed "Radio Assist" this year. I don't think there were many but both of mine were "assisted" by gigarized Macgregors with their old antennas fully extended........ It was amazing the amount of attention they drew with at least half a dozen people coming over to say that they had one back in the day and they were amazed to see that I had one that still works! ;)

It was a great chuck n duck session in the best tradition though I fear the weather for Sunday is not looking so good.........