Futaba FF8

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
stormer254

Futaba FF8

Post by stormer254 »

Technical question please. Due to physical problems I fly WITH a Futaba FF8 converted to single stick and a slide throttle on the right hand side of the case that I move with the little finger while twiddling the stick. I find it quite difficult to move the slide switch up and down while my older JR cuddle box with a horizontally mounted throttle, which I believe is an adapted trim, is much easier to use. I would like to change my FF8 to a horizontal throttle but the case is not deep enough. So i was wondering if any one knows of a rotary control that I could replace the slide with. the full servo/ throttle movement would have to be in 90-100 degrees of rotation of the switch.
Any and all advice from where such a control could be sourced will be gratefully received.
Thanks, Steve.
Wayne_H

Re: Futaba FF8

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Steve,

Any chance of a few pictures? - what configuration works (JR) & what doesn't (FF8). I have some old (but unused) Multiplex linear slide pots which are very shallow (thin?), so may be a viable option.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Steve, Not the answer to your question, but I saw this and thought of you... looks like it would take a 2.4gHz RF module.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Futaba-FP-T8 ... 1438.l2649
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

Unfortunately those sets radios are PCM only so are no good for a 2.4 Module, however a friend has given me a JR PCM 9 that has a very neat rotary control set in the top right hand corner, , hopefully I can swap the throttle pot wire to this control. I will use this on 3 function models with the aim of adding a rotary rudder control to the stick later. the set will switch from PCM to PPM and takes a 2.4 module, proper job!!
Martin

Post by Martin »

I don't think the ff8 was pcm only. The ff6, ff7, ff8, and ff9 could all do ppm or pcm.
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

That is correct; I have two FF8s, one of whch is converted to 2.4 gig. They were PPM/PCM.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

My first set coverted was a ff8 with a Corona 2.4g module..worked a treat.

Shaun.