Invitation to ISA Nostalgia Day Saturday September 14th

They stay up by magic!
Mike_K

Re: Invitation to ISA Nostalgia Day

Post by Mike_K »

Shaun wrote: ↑12 Mar 2019, 21:51 Mike I seem to remember the Impala was reviewed in one of the mags using a Rand.....

Shaun.
Shaun your memory is impressive, after a bit of looking through old magazines I found the review in RCM&E Nov 1967. And yes they used a Rand LR3 in the test model, though I don't know what system went with it.

That's my goal to aim for then, an Impala with a Tobe LR3 using a MacGregor, Citizenship or similar GG transmitter.

Cheers

Mike
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I'm definitely interested....... I don't think I will get the chance to build anything new for it but I still have a Monterey and an OD kipper which are both well over 30 years old. They are both a bit tatty these days but hey...... I was in better condition 30 years ago too! :roll:

Paul
Ken Binks

Post by Ken Binks »

Noted in diary will try and get along with a SQ😜
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

Also date noted.
Jubilee, Impala, Sorcerer, Amigo and Sirocco and possibly Li'l T
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Looks like I'm on.

Veron Big Eagle, Impala, Blunderbird 1,Pushover - Glider Version and possibly a Sorcerer.
Anybody got suggestions for local B&B's.... I'm not a tent person.

Shaun
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Hey Ken, great to see you on here!
Ken Binks wrote: ↑14 Mar 2019, 19:08 Noted in diary will try and get along with a SQ😜
I bet yours wont have an RCS Digi Three like mine!
All will be revealed in tomorrows (15th) RCM&E :D I'm itching to get my copy!

Dont worry about 'how old' anything nostalgic is welcome. Glyn the Moonbeam was expertly built by Gary and shipped over all the way from Oz!!! It was a swap for a Macgregor conversion, but between me & thee I got the better of the deal Image
Its to plan, apart from the two-piece wing & joiners, and I think I've decided to do it S/C exactly like the
one Dad built was when I was about 10 or 11 !
Mike_K wrote: ↑12 Mar 2019, 11:10 Hi Phil
If you haven't finalised your booking for the campsite, you are quite welcome to stay with me, I'm 5 miles away from Ivinghoe Beacon and can see it from the bottom of my paddock
Thanks very much Mike, the site is booked & paid up, no refunds, I'm very grateful for the offer but I love my campervan and another opportunity to camp out is one of my reasons to go - the site sounds ideal!
But thank you for the kind offer Image

I would love to see the Force Four and everyone elses 'retro' gliders down there, I have the S/C Moonbeam, Little-V, several Impalas on reeds, Soarcerer & S/C Soarcerette, Flair Heron, the S/C Pixie (and maybe, by then, a Goblin!), the DB Rookie if its light, and of course the Suzy Que, all proper 'retros' and all with proper retro radios Image I reckon the mode-zero posse could make a real impression, maybe even gain some members! I'd love to see everyone down there.
Cheers
Phil

Cheers
Phil
Martin

Post by Martin »

Welcome Ken! Another famous name posting at Mode Zero! It will be a treat to see a Suzy Que built and flown by its designer! :D
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Phil_G wrote:I bet yours wont have an RCS Digi Three like mine!
All will be revealed in tomorrows (15th) RCM&E :D I'm itching to get my copy!
Cheers
Phil
Phil, next you'll be telling me some bloke on this forum has revisited the best aerobatic rudder / ele slope soarer ever designed and done an article on it. 😁😁
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Shaun wrote: ↑14 Mar 2019, 20:36 Looks like I'm on.

Veron Big Eagle, Impala, Blunderbird 1,Pushover - Glider Version and possibly a Sorcerer.
Anybody got suggestions for local B&B's.... I'm not a tent person.

Shaun
I can get me boat within a mile or so of the beacon Shaun, If you give us a lift up the hill, you can stay on board with us :)

Gary
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

GarydNB wrote: ↑15 Mar 2019, 00:42
I can get me boat within a mile or so of the beacon Shaun, If you give us a lift up the hill, you can stay on board with us :)

Gary
Hi Gary

Will you have your car with you or would you like a lift from the canal at Pitstone (the nearest point to the Beacon), because it's one hell of a walk. I did it before Christmas with the dogs and it was a 45 minute walk each way.

Mike