Need help moving a channel on the 7ch encoder w/ S/C

Arduino projects on the go
jmendoza

Need help moving a channel on the 7ch encoder w/ S/C

Post by jmendoza »

Hi,
as most of you may know, Spektrum channel order is TAER, then Gear, followed by Aux channels.

This means that with a 6 channel receiver, you cannot get the gear function.

Is it possible to re-assign the gear switch from channel 7 to channel 5?
If so how would this be done in the sketch?

I assume that then the displaced Aux channel 5 would now become channel 7 and require some changes to the sketch as well.

Thanks,

Jay
Shaun

Re: Need help moving a channel on the 7ch encoder w/ S/C

Post by Shaun »

Jay,

Gear channel is channel 5 and aux 1, channel 6 on any spectrum Rx / tx set up as standard.

You don't need a 7 channel Rx.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Not tried it but this should do it Jay.
Remember the channel array starts at zero so channel[0] in the array is throttle (rx ch1),
channel[1] in the array is aileron (rx ch2), channel[2] in the array is elevator (rx ch3) etc etc
so channel[4] in the array is rx channel 5 (gear, ie the 'slow' toggle) and then channel[5] and
channel[6] in the array are the two 'aux' channels on rx ch6 & ch7.
jay_swap_ch5ch7.jpg

I think it might be a good idea to make this a permanent change for JR/Spektrum channel order,
so it would be Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, the 'slow' toggle switch, aux1 then aux2.
Futaba channel order stays as is. Does that sound sensible (I'm not a Spekky user) ???

Cheers
Phil
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Thanks Phil,
I like your idea for Spektrum, as most of us here in California and around the USA use it alot.

I assume I must cut and paste the yellow highlighted text in the sketch you posted above into your existing sketch, correct?

I am using the Orange RX DSM2/X auto module for Futaba.

Jay
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Hi Phil,
I was wondering if you were going to incorporate the Spektrum channel order into the 7 channel sketch.
I tried to insert it into the existing 7 channel sketch but must of done something wrong because it will not upload properly.

If you do make the changes, could you post it in the sketches part of the forum so I can try it out?

Thanks,

Jay