Ray Malmstrom 'Skygipsy'

Anything with a propeller
Igull

Ray Malmstrom 'Skygipsy'

Post by Igull »

As a young 13 yr old (back when Pontius was a pilate), I used to borrow the 'Eagle Book of Model Aircraft' from the school library - I copied and built many of the models from there. One that always stood out was the Skygipsy - not only was it quite pretty, it flew really well as a f/f model with an ED Baby that I was given at the time.
Since then, I fancied another for one or two channels (and electric of course this time :-) ), so redrew it for the laser.
It's a shameless plug, but I've made the parts available on fleabay. I did do the fuselage sides too, but it's really too big to put in my standard boxes, so I've just laser cut a fuselage template from thin stencil paper to include in the box - leaving the student to complete their own sides . The formers/ribs and wing/tail spars are all included along with some fuselage coverings, so all you really need are LE and TE strips, fuselage sides and the usual covering, balsa cement :D , and some time - I'm looking forward to finding some of that, can you buy that on ebay too ?????.

Neil
RON
Site Admin

Re: Ray Malmstrom 'Skygipsy'

Post by RON »

picture??
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Igull

Post by Igull »

Here's a pic of the original in the book ...

Neil
skygypsy2.jpg
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Igull wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 21:19 As a young 13 yr old (back when Pontius was a pilate), ........

Neil
You young wipper snappers, I knew him before he got his wings and was still a rigger!