7C Encoder Project!

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
Tommy_Boy

7C Encoder Project!

Post by Tommy_Boy »

Is it ok Proper to tie A4 and A5 to the throttle wiper? Ran Calibration with no joy!

Thanks

T
Phil_G

Re: 7C Encoder Project!

Post by Phil_G »

Hi Tommy, yes you can tie them to the throttle wiper. Its purely to stop unused inputs picking up random voltages from elsewhere on the board.

Typically an unused analogue input will not read zero as you might expect, it more often reads the nearest voltage on the PCB which is usually the adjacent analogue input. This 'chance' input is transmitted like all the others and you might be tempted to plug into it at the receiver - but the channel value isnt guaranteed, its simply 'pick-up' from elsewhere on the board. To prevent this we 'tie' all unused inputs to a used one, so all receiver channels give valid signals.

Be aware that if you do at some point decide to use them, some boards have A4 and A5 transposed on the silkscreen print.

The usual cause of a failed calibrate is switching off before releasing the button.

Press the button, switch on, waggle, release the button. Dont switch off during this operation.

Cheers
Phil
Tommy_Boy

Post by Tommy_Boy »

Thanks Phil got my Kraft Sport Series working with MIni-Strong and Multi-Protocol Jumper 4-in-1 Module.

I really like the Calibration Function!! I was fretting about stick direction- where the black wire goes@#$@!
I had to convert the Set to MOde I which was really no big deal while doing the upgrades!!

Thanks again for your efforts, still taking a comprehensive look @ the code to try to follow it!!

T
Tommy_Boy

Post by Tommy_Boy »

I am working on a Kraft 5C with open Gimbals '76. Could someone shed some lite on the potentimeters?

The control pots are 5K and the trim Pots are 1K only on Elevator and Throttle. Kraft only used two pins on the trim pot, the wiper goes to ground, the other end was tied to the end of the 5K control pot. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

T
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Hi Tommy,
check here for a diagram to wire the pots with seperate trim pots in a simple way, which is also used by many companies.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=135

Frank
Tommy_Boy

Post by Tommy_Boy »

Should I tie the trim pot end to 5v of leave it disconnected like it came from Kraft?(just like first diagram)

Thanks!

T
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Exactly like in the first diagram. Works great with all my transmitters with sep. trim pots.