My 'unusual' Reeds project - a video

My favourite
Lawrence Leeds

My 'unusual' Reeds project - a video

Post by Lawrence Leeds »

Hi everyone. I've just put a message under the Welcome heading of the forum and Phil thought you may want to see the video of my recently completed reed project. I'm happy to answer any questions on any of the details -its on Youtube and I've put a link to a document with some URLs for the items I used.
The video:

Phil_G

Re: My 'unusual' Reeds project - a video

Post by Phil_G »

Fascinating Lawrence, its that clear an enormous amount of work has gone into the project, very well done!
It reminds me of Stu Fosters reed set which was both true 27mhz tone-reeds and also 2.4ghz contemporary electronics. I've not seen Stu since so not sure if he developed it further.

Keep us up to date with your reeds flying experiences Image

Cheers
Phil
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

'Great project Lawrence. One question...... Where is the antenna on the F&M Tranny?

Paul
Lawrence Leeds

Post by Lawrence Leeds »

Ah, well spotted. the 2,4ghz antenna wire (original plastic casing removed) exits from the metal case into a plastic tube which is covered with black heat shrink - you can see it in the video. The metal 27mhz telescopic aerial is then stuck into the top of the plastic tube which I bought on eBay. The two modern AR6200 receivers hidden under the old receiver electronics board have sockets easily accessed to plug in the satellite receivers, given the case is metal. I've done a range check and there is a short range test available on the Tx using the red test button you can see in the video. Binding is also possible in a similar way - all the features of a modern Tx as its a standard Spektrum DX5E.
Cheers
Lawrence
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

F&M Matador brings back memories!
My late dad here flying it, this should be 1962-63 Trieste Italy
Nice jobb, very well done and welcome on board
Attachments
img015.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
Lawrence Leeds

Post by Lawrence Leeds »

Hi, if you watch the video at the beginning of this thread I don't think you can access the accompanying document I mention in the video - the link is in the YouTube description.
So here is the document link - https://kvisit.com/RA/q68B
Lawrence