2nd 'Dutch Old Warden'

Events and news
F2B

2nd 'Dutch Old Warden'

Post by F2B »

Yesterday we celebrated our 2nd DOW, blessed by weather, too hard to believe after last week...
Free Flight, CL and RC, the operative word being 'vintage' or at least 'classic'.
The pics are on the Dutch forum (ignore our secret language :mrgreen: , but enjoy the views instead):
https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/d ... st-3978369
Here are some of those pictures already as a teaser so to speak...
The happy crew:

My tiny J3 with a glimpse of the 'little black box' (rudder, kick up ele and 4 pos. motor control, featured in 'Single Channel' http://www.mode-zero.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=685#p5351 )

Enjoying the sheer relaxation of single channel :mrgreen: (I am the one with the green wellies (wellys?) with tucked in jeans).
Being the only one flying single channel, but gave several the opportunity for a little try, interest has gone up her by a few 100% now) :

My friend Henk de Jong and his magnificent FF DH-60:
Last edited by F2B on 09 Sep 2019, 06:32, edited 5 times in total.
F2B or not to be....
PaulJ

Re: 2nd 'Dutch Old Warden'

Post by PaulJ »

Great pictures, thanks! It is great to see that no matter what some people may think, it doesn't matter which country you are in, we all have the same basic interests.....
IMG_20190409_180124.jpg
Paul
F2B

Post by F2B »

Phil_G wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 22:05 Looks like a fantastic day Bruno, with a great turnout and a wide variety of models. Dont worry about being the only S/C flyer, its contagious... :D
Absolutely!
I had several having a go at it (while at >3 mistakes altitude) and they loved it.
So yes, it will catch on in the Low lands as well....
There will be at least one more Little Black Box and who knows what the other contraptions will look like.
Anyway, earlier this year Max was the first to really take to the air, but I'm fine with being the runner up..... :lol:
And we've also got HenkB, waiting in the wings with the first real sequential escapement control in 50 odd years.
It should fly any day soon, now. I gave him a programmed, ready wired ProMini and the rest will be history.
By the way, would you think I should post my sketch version of your and Frank's work?
Probably :? full of 'programmer's no-nos', but it does what I want, so.... :mrgreen:

So again a big, big thank you for paving the way for so many of us!!!!
Last edited by F2B on 08 Sep 2019, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
F2B or not to be....
F2B

Post by F2B »

PaulJ wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 20:23 Great pictures, thanks! It is great to see that no matter what some people may think, it doesn't matter which country you are in, we all have the same basic interests.....
IMG_20190409_180124.jpg

Paul
What a beauty! :D
F2B or not to be....
F2B

Post by F2B »

Phil_G wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 23:16 Everybodys code is welcome Bruno, theres always some new idea or twist, so yes please post your sketch, and it would be great if you could write a bit of a description too, to make a project of it Image

I did fly sequential back in the day, my Moonbeam was sequential, an Elmic Conquest. Yet I had other models on compound - I very much doubt I could fly both these days. Some do still fly escapements - Pete Cristie, Neil Kendall, and others... with surprisingly few problems.

Cheers
Phil
OK, when time permits I'll work something out. :idea:
F2B or not to be....