CAA registration 'consultation'

Important Announcements and information
How to register on this forum
jackdaw

Re: CAA registration 'consultation'

Post by jackdaw »

AFAIK the site/airspace(A3) restrictions for all our model planes over 250gm still apply( 150mtr horizontal distance etc) as contained in CAP 1789 on page 42. Meaning that a lot of clubs sites and slope sites will not comply. Makes the other minor concessions meaningless.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

jackdaw wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 16:13 AFAIK the site/airspace(A3) restrictions for all our model planes over 250gm still apply( 150mtr horizontal distance etc) as contained in CAP 1789 on page 42. Meaning that a lot of clubs sites and slope sites will not comply. Makes the other minor concessions meaningless.
Exactly the point I have been labouring to death, on here, with my MP, Grant Shapps and more recently Baroness Vere.

Apparently we have to wait until after BREXIT, to see if we are going to abide by EU law, or not.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Oh God! You know we're never leaving. Too many hypercritical lying self centered slimy toads in parliament for that to happen( good job I moderated my language and description of our champions of democracy)
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1345.pdf
This exemption is an interesting development. Glad I never registered and paid my £9 model tax.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

No, that just means you pay your £9.00 to the BMFA and have to take their test rather than the CAA's test.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

I have a BMFA 'A' cert so according to another CAA exemption I do not need to take either the BMFA test or the CAA test. I am a current member of one of the national organisations listed, the BMFA, and as stated in the document linked I do not have to register as an operator and pay the £9 fee until 30/06/2020. I did not register as I was going sub 250g and CL. But now I can continue to fly ALL my planes until 30/06/2020. At which time, dependant on the available information, I will reconsider my position.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Just posted by Andy Simmons (BMFA) re latest CAA release confirming Jackdaws observations above.

You need either a flyer ID or be in possession of a CAA recognised competency to operate under the exemption . For BMFA members that means achievement scheme certificates or the Registration competency certificate (RCC).

This is for all aircraft and drones over 250g (except control line).

To recap the CAA have issued a further exemption today Monday 17th June 2020, that means BMFA, LMA and a few other association members, do not have to display an Operator Number on their aircraft until 30th June 2020.

The significance of 30th June 2020 is that, this is the date that the full new EASA flying regulations are due to come into force. Everything could change again on this date.

You do need to have a copy of the new exemption with you along with the relevant BMFA, LMA, FPVUK etc docs when flying. The new exemption supercedes all previous ones.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Last edited by Shaun on 17 Feb 2020, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

June 2020 is the date Baroness Vere referred to in her letter to my MP / me.

I have not renewed my BMFA or Mendip membership, I want to see what happens in June.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

That's a lot of flying to miss out on Neil
.☹️
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

I got my id number today. They even suggest putting the number on a removable label as you may get a new number when you renew....sigh...
.....I just want to play with my toys.....
Gary