Forum permissions

Important Announcements and information
How to register on this forum
VC10 RON
Site Admin

Forum permissions

Post by VC10 RON » 07 May 2019, 11:22

Myself and Phil have decided to open the forum up to guests too, this means Guests can view photos and download attachments like sketches etc without logging in. If they want to reply to a forum or contribute then they would need to register and make an account.
Ive also made it simpler to register, There is a "register here" link at the top right of the forum where you can choose your own username (first name and initial preferred) and password. You will need to answer a captcha question to successfully register. This is to reduce spam registrations
Please pass on the forum URL to friends and colleagues, The more active members the better

Thanks

Ron (admin)

Wayne_H

Re: Forum permissions

Post by Wayne_H » 07 May 2019, 12:20

Good idea guys ;)

May I suggest:
  • The source (i.e. Mode Zero) of any material downloaded must be acknowledged if subsequently used in printed or electronic media - club newsletters, etc
  • As the membership and utilisation of Mode Zero continues to grow (you beauty :D :D ), members and users be regularly encouraged to donate a few bob to defray the operating costs and support/endorse your fabulous efforts with this great forum. Include a "donate" button perhaps :?: :?:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ :roll:

tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer » 07 May 2019, 13:54

Hi guys,

I am not too convinced about this idea. I do not like everybody to see our private pictures and read the messages in our "family". If anyone is interested, he can become a member of this "family".
That´s just my opinion.

Frank

Mike_K

Post by Mike_K » 07 May 2019, 15:06

I've got no preference one way or the other. As long as I can upload photo's and Arduino sketches, and can view others photos and sketches I'm happy :)

Cheers

Mike

VC10 RON
Site Admin

Post by VC10 RON » 07 May 2019, 15:51

tiptipflyer wrote:
07 May 2019, 13:54
Hi guys,

I am not too convinced about this idea. I do not like everybody to see our private pictures and read the messages in our "family". If anyone is interested, he can become a member of this "family".
That´s just my opinion.

Frank
Hi Frank, Guests have always been able to read the text on the forum without logging in, The only difference is they can now view the images. Not quite sure what you mean by our "family". The problem was, When posting on other forums and sending emails out to help people, if we sent a link to quote a particular photo or file then no one could view it without joining the forum which was time consuming. If someone did join the forum just to view a particular image then that was the last time you heard from them. The forum was getting full of silent members. Just to be clear, guests cannot read private messages or even send them.

Ron

tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer » 07 May 2019, 17:01

Thanks Ron, understood.