Banggood is selling an alternative to Lidl gliders

They stay up by magic!

Martin

Re: Banggood is selling an alternative to Lidl gliders

Post by Martin » 02 Jul 2019, 20:43

I think it's a bit bigger than the Lidl one. From the pictures, it looks more streamlined - the trailing edges seem to be thinner.

I suppose it might be weaker though - and the wing is in two pieces, probably for easier shipping.

I've ordered a couple to see how they compare.

NeilMac

Post by NeilMac » 03 Jul 2019, 07:21

That's sold over here as the Bolt glider, it's distributed by century and you can get them either on line or I bought mine from my local model shop and converted it to 2 channel elevator and ailerons.
Bolt 1.JPG
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"

Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H » 14 Jul 2019, 08:54

I've ordered several, justified as "knock about" models for the grandkids to hone their skills with :lol:

I expect they'll end up with a leccy motor in the nose or in a removable pod, & keep the 2 piece wing & employ a length of carbon rod as a joiner/reinforcement, but such decisions are reserved until I have an airframe in my hands.

Neil, out of curiosity, did you use an aileron servo in each wing & do you still have a 2 piece wing? Having successfully done the transport/storage case 'thing' with the Sigma, keeping the wing as 2 pieces to enable me to do a similar transport/storage case with these airframes is very appealing 8-)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ :roll:

NeilMac

Post by NeilMac » 15 Jul 2019, 06:48

Yes Wayne I have a servo in each wing and an extension lead from the Rx through channels cut into the wing roots with the leads from the servos accessible right at the root. It is a very quick job to remove both wings.

Neil
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"