Nice

Often forgot about but boats are a great way for the youngsters to get into radio control or even the oldies!
Stew

Nice

Post by Stew »

I went to join a model boat club last Sunday.
Turned up on a lovely morning. Victorian resevoir, 80m by 80m ish. Steering competition on the go. Said 'Hi' got introduced, they made me a cuppa. I can remember few times in my life when I've felt so relaxed. Lovely bunch of blokes, very helpful and friendly. Plans galore.
Happy days.

Now, can I do button pushing boat driving? It's all before my time. Any amount of 2.4 radios out there for virtually pennies, but I can't help loving the simplicity of the button.
Mosfets

Re: Nice

Post by Mosfets »

You may be interested in an article in the latest Model Boats magazine( November issue, out tomorrow I beleive) . There is an article using old R/C gear in a boat installation.

Ade
Stew

Post by Stew »

Yes, I saw that one, very interesting too.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Anybody fancy scanning it .. It will be interesting to have a lot at.

Shaun.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi Shaun, I can scan it at work tomorrow. I'll email it through to you (if you've not already got it).
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Stew,

Thanks for the offer but I've had a copy sent.

Cheers,

Shaun
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Stew wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 09:12 Hi Shaun, I can scan it at work tomorrow. I'll email it through to you (if you've not already got it).
I’d like to see that Stew, if you get chance. Thanks.

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'm off work today Ron, family stuff that came up, but I'll be back on Monday. I'll scan it then for you.
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Thanks Stew

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Stew

Post by Stew »

Got myself a Planet TS2+2 radio the other day. £39+post. Not bad at all. Odd to have a radio where the throttle stick only moves up and down, and 'tother stick only moves left to right.
It all works as advertised though. Just need a boat kit now. After the week I've had at work, buggering off to the boat club of a Sunday morning is just a little slice of calm and bliss. No agenda other than watching quiet electric boats pootle about. That's it. No meetings, no people saying things like 'moving forward', no passive aggresive notes in the fridge, no politics, and no bloody emails.
I'm 46 in a few weeks, but I swear to god I'm just about done with emails.