Shiny Boxes aka Controlaire Tx's

Single to Multi propo
Mike_K

Re: Shiny Boxes aka Controlaire Tx's

Post by Mike_K » 07 Nov 2019, 23:03

Wow, your location is even more impressive than I'd imagined. I thought you'd be on a small airfield, not one large enough to operate jets. Will you be able to fly models from the site as well?

I'm even more jealous now!

Mike

Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H » 08 Nov 2019, 03:17

Unfortunately, and officially, no model flying allowed under the Air Navigation Regs. There is no official modeling Club, but I do have virtually unrestricted access to a private farm only 10 minutes drive away :)

There's also a very strong antique and vintage vehicle and farm machinery group on 5 acres in town - cars, bikes, trucks, ambulances, fire engines, tractors (diesel, petrol, kerosene, steam), headers, plough's, stationary and traction engines, etc., etc. - supported by local Council.

Plenty to stop any of us getting bored :lol: 8-)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ :roll:

Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H » 09 Nov 2019, 00:29

Sorry lads, but just back on topic briefly :P :lol:

I've had a Corona Tx module and Rx sitting around forever, not being used, so it's going into the MAN 2-3-4 Tx.
Corona Tx_Module+Rx_s.jpg

I like Paul's method of disguising the 2.4g antenna, but rather than have the telescopic antenna there just for cosmetic appeal(?), I'm going to recycle a 29Mhz RF board and have switch selectable frequency bands. The 29Mhz RF board and matching Silvertone Rx, although old, have been 100% reliable. Just feels like a perfect match for the MAN Tx 8-)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ :roll: