Ecktronics Pacesetter

Button pushers
Mark Mc

Ecktronics Pacesetter

Post by Mark Mc »

Well, I had planned to get this done before the Holidays, but things got in the way. Now that the new year is here, I took some time to get to this. I bought an encoder from Phil to go with the Corona module setup I had on hand. I have an old Ecktronics Pacesetter transmitter box that is just right for a conversion. Not to mention that it’s the only S/C box I have.

It didn’t take long to gut the box and install the new electronics. I mounted the module so that the LED for direction is in place of the original power light. That way programming will be easy if I want to change anything.

Unfortunately, I’m planning on moving soon, so packing is going to take most of my time in the near future.

Mark
PaulJ

Re: Ecktronics Pacesetter

Post by PaulJ »

'Very neat job Mark...... I've never seen an "Ecktronics" before, in which country are you based?

Paul
MJF

Post by MJF »

Nice looking Ecktronics Pacesetter conversion you have there Mark. This must be a 1962 or later version as it does not have the Hi Lo selector in the upper left or "Kraft Tone transmitter" logo in the lower right corner.
Great find you don't see too many of these around.

Mike F
Mark Mc

Post by Mark Mc »

Paul,
I'm in the States. Ecktronics was a company started by Bob and Dick Ecks in California. They seemed to have a pretty good product line in their day.

Mike,
I pretty much dated the transmitter to 1962 from some searching online. A year before I was born.

Mark