Repost: Rudder/KickUp/QBthrottle actuator/escapement emulator

Button pushers
Phil_G

Repost: Rudder/KickUp/QBthrottle actuator/escapement emulator

Post by Phil_G »

Reposted fromMarch 2015

Just as happened with the Codamac Coder board, I've found a commercially available bare PCB which is almost identical to my escapement/actuator emulator board!
This is the board that allows a period single-channel relay receiver to control three modern servos (or two and an ESC) in the exact manner of a compound escapement setup, with one press for right, two for left, three for kick-up elevator and the quick-blip 3-position throttle. I've had to make a minor code change to suit the new PCB but the prototype works exactly like the old homebrew PCB ones did, with the omission of the little button which no-one used anyway. It looks quite neat, there are separate connectors for rudder, elevator & throttle servos, (or rudder, elevator & ESC), a separate battery connector and a two-pin connector for the relay contact. Of course you can test it or play with it by shorting the relay header with a screwdriver etc.
The red LED shows on for full throttle, flashing for half, and off for low throttle.
For the moment at least, these commercial PCBs are readily available so I can start to supply them again if anyones still interested :D

Heres the old RET Actuator emulator:

...and heres the new board (its almost identical !):
ret_actuator_em.jpg
These have never gone out in big numbers, so I was surprised to get an order for one just as I was posting the description above - this one is on its way to Bill in Hawker, Australia!
ret_act.jpg
Cheers
Phil