RCS Single Channel Transmitter

Button pushers
JohnRogers

RCS Single Channel Transmitter

Post by JohnRogers »

Here is my RCS replica Single channel Transmitter

This has been built with Phil Greens encoder and a FrSky XHT 11 R/F module and V8 receiver.

Many thanks to Phil Green, Roger Macey and those members on the Forum who answered my questions and gave guidance
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
JohnRogers

Re: RCS Single Channel Transmitter

Post by JohnRogers »

I for got to add, I made a frame for the binding board and mounted it on the inside of the TX behind a celluloid window with a small hole to allow access to the switch.
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Nice job!
Where did you get/ how did you make the RCS logo?
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

Hello - It was made by Roger Macey, he has posted his RCS TX and how it was made, It is a few postings below mine. From his posting I have copied the relevant paragraph.

The RCS Badge was created originally in 2D (*.SVG format) using Microsoft Excel Insert Shapes, and working from whatever old pictures I could find, then converted online into 3D (*.STL format) using Selva3D, and finally printed on my “toy” Da Vinci Mini 3D Printer, followed by a little sanding here and there. I know it’s not 100% true to the original badge, but looks OK from a distance !

The GUIDANCE SYSTEM was from a local specalist print company, it was lazer cut and the letters pressed out. - Fun sticking them on
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I too want to add my congratulations! :P Is the .stl file for the RCS badge available anywhere or would Roger Macey allow you put it on this forum? :?

Paul
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

I posted the stl. file of my RCS badge I made some time ago in the 3D print section.
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1215&p=10271#p10271
Frank
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Here is a before and after, as you can see I had a sticker based on the files on the forum and compared to the 3D badge, there is a noticeable difference in the overall effect of the Tx.
RCS sticker
RCS sticker
RCS replica badge
RCS replica badge