More S/C encoder boards

Button pushers
Phil_G

More S/C encoder boards

Post by Phil_G »

For 11 years now I've been ordering the Single-Channel Emulation Encoder PCBs in large batches for economy, and every year or so I run out and have to assess whether there is still enough interest to warrant another batch, which has usually cost around £400. The PCB company is British and its been great to support them all these years, but when I ran out again, this time I though I would try elsewhere. I had the original Propo and the first Reeduino encoders professionally milled, these were beautiful boards but the process was expensive. For the retro-computing projects I've recently had a few much larger boards done by JLCPCB in China and they are very well made, excellent quality - and a fraction of the price. It was also an opportunity to redesign the board, with the connectors right on the edge and accommodating the 'patch' buzzer driver transistor. The new batch of Single Channel Emulation Encoders arrived from JLCPCB today, I've just built one up and its perfect, very pleased with the boards and with the customer service from JLC. Its nice to know theres no longer a supply or funding problem and a significantly reduced financial risk to me ;)
Not facing A £400 bill means I can order up 30 or so as & when, which is a much more comfortable arrangement. Anyone want a S/C encoder? :D

IMG_20210317_175746.jpg

IMG_20210317_150007.jpg

IMG_20210317_150122.jpg

IMG_20210321_183858.jpg

Just to be clear, I've never stopped supplying these encoders, they're always available, just ask Image
The JLCPCB option is simply to ensure that there's an ongoing supply of bare PCBs Image

Cheers
Phil
rudderonlybird

Re: More S/C encoder boards

Post by rudderonlybird »

I'll take up your offer for two, please.

Marc
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

I think you already got my order, but just in case you did not, sign me up for three Phil....

This is the best S/C encoder, I really like the way it works, especially with sequential servos like the Royal, and the Controlaire Robot.

Thanks for keeping your flagship product available for everyone Phil!

Jay
HIRO

Post by HIRO »

I definitely want three of your S/C ENCODER.
I live in Japan, is that okay?

By Hiroyuki
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Hiro,
welcome to the forum.
Please check your PM for email to reach Phil_G
Cheers,

Tobe