Pal Joey

Button pushers
PaulJ

Pal Joey

Post by PaulJ »

Here is the latest creation to emerge from my mancave...... It is exactly as per the plan except that I modified the engine bearers to use a plate so I can use different motors and I tidied up the nose contours a bit. The motor is a PAW 80 which is the maximum size permitted at Old Warden. I think it will fly ok on that but for more exciting flying at other sites I can fit a PAW 1.49. I also modified the u/c which I thought was a bit "iffy" on the original. Receiver is Lemon from Stuart and Tranny of course uses one of Phil's encoders. It test glid nicely in the field at the back of my place but still awaits a proper test flight. :?
Pal Joey 2.jpg
Pal Joey 3.jpg
Pal Joey 4.jpg
Paul
Wayne_H

Re: Pal Joey

Post by Wayne_H »

Very nice Paul ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Great stuff Mr J!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Lovely job Paul.

It looks absolutely period
correct
That one has been on my build list for years.
I even have the ribs cut for it.
Looking forward to seeing it fly at Ponte.
Shaun.

PS what's the diesel ED/ Frog ?
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

PAW .80
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Should have read the text eh🥴.
Didn't know PAW did a blue anodised motor.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Thanks for all the comments..... Yes the motor is a PAW .80, I bought it at Old Warden and apparently it was anodised privately by someone who does that kind of thing. As far as I could tell, the motor had never been run so I ran it in before mounting it in the model and covered the fus. with blue tissue to match it! I added the throttle. I have flown it several times with this motor since the original posting and it has ample power for the Pal Joey, in fact I have had to add lots of downthrust to stop it climbing o.o.s.! I probably won't bother with putting the 1.49 in it because it is nice to fly as it is, I don't want to turn it into a missile! ;)