Veron mini robot with RCS tx

Button pushers
Darren68

Veron mini robot with RCS tx

Post by Darren68 »

Hi all
I wondered if any one else had operated mini robot with Phil’s excellent conversion .
I fly a single channel version with an ever dependable PAW 1cc
I converted an old RCS tx to 2.4 ghz and grateful to Phil’s guidance and patience helping me .
The mini robot flies in just about any weather and easy to build
Attachments
6DA87D3B-FBC7-46F5-A77A-6179ACA51CAC.jpeg
02C610E5-6A0F-4E0E-806E-4876C0A44BD2.jpeg
Darren68

Re: Veron mini robot with RCS tx

Post by Darren68 »

I’ve got the bug now so converted 2 tx
RCS and macgregor mr tx
Attachments
6233BDD8-0408-46B1-B717-5A2A6A1BD2CC.jpeg
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Hi Darren,

Yes, I built both a Mini-Robot and a 3D printed OS Pixie just last year. The Pixie uses Phil's "emulator" and a Lemon transmitter module and there is a Lemon receiver in the model. The whole combo has performed faultlessly from the start though the model is perhaps a bit underpowered with a Mills.75. It can just about do a roll but hasn't enough oomph to do a loop. It's a lovely model and I really enjoy flying it, I have a DC Merlin ready to go in it but haven't done it yet :?
Mini-Robot6.jpg
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

I built mine back in 2015, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of my first successful RC flight. I thought I'd posted the video on here somewhere, but can't find it any longer, so perhaps it was on the "old" forum...

Originally I flew it with a rubber driven Elmic escapement, but the output shaft was very worn and sloppy. Also, the length of the rubber band was a bit marginal! I've now replaced the Cox "Golden Bee" with another Cox .049 (also with the big tank) that gives a more reliable engine run. I've also replaced the escapement with a mini-servo using one of Phil's excellent S/C to servo adapters, so that I can still use the single channel transmitter and receiver.

It is a regular at Ponty, but is a "light winds only" model!

When I built this one, I used spruce spars for the wing, as the original balsa ones were notoriously weak!

--
Pete
Darren68

Post by Darren68 »

Great to see a few mini robots
I used sig coverall on wing instead of harder spars and the wing is very strong with this covering
I had a mini robot before and I tried dc diesel ..it just didn’t have enough grunt
I am using a PAW100 which isn’t as good as later PAW diesels and fairly cheap second hand but it ideal for this model