Kadett VRA

Button pushers
HenkB

Kadett VRA

Post by HenkB »

I 'd like to give some insight in the way I set up the controls on my newly finished Kadett. The Kadett originally is a Graupner free flight sportster for a 1-1.5 cc engine. I've built it from kit in 1968. This first specimen is not there anymore as you can imagine but for nostalgic reasons I started a rebuilt some months ago.
Now the model is built as a single channel model and fitted with a dutch Typhoon escapement. The escapement which controls the rudder had previously been (and still is) a problem in terms of reliability. Wind your rubber, this being the motor of the escapement as it were, too tight then there is too much friction in the mechanism and it works on and off. If it gets unwound under about 50 turns the force is too weak and it will work no more. Experiment in my case tells me that the rubber should be wound 150 strokes. It would be nice and safe if you could have the number of turns reported by means of telemetry while flying. Some forum members on RC Groups.com could help me with suggestions programming my Taranis using a global variable, showing the number of times that the switch has been pulled to activate the rudder on screen and an alarm sounds when the rubber is unwound more then 100 turns. Each actuation of the switch unwinds the rubber a half turn. Also, via telemetry you can read the voltage of the receiver pack and a alarm is heard when the voltage is too low.

Should this all continue to operate reliably this newfangled stuff (the Taranis) will be replaced by a single channel transmitter, a replica of my original Futaba 5S but not on 27 mc and not with the superreg receiver but on 2.4 G instead using a Frsky DHT module and a Frsky D4R-II receiver.
If you want to see how it works, just look at the You tube video below.
Want to read more just follow the building log on:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... Kadett-VRA

F2B

Re: Kadett VRA

Post by F2B »

Henk and I just missed eachother two times already, while trying out our new toys, so I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be flying them side by side.
You were sorely missed yesterday!
My J3 just airborne:
Zwolle 20-10-2019.jpg
F2B or not to be....
Igull

Re: Kadett VRA

Post by Igull »

HenkB wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 20:36 The Kadett originally is a Graupner free flight sportster for a 1-1.5 cc engine. I've built it from kit in 1968. This first specimen is not there anymore
Henk, shameless plug, you _can_ still get all the parts that matter here :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293100681645

Cheers

Neil