Arduino for basic Single channel

Button pushers
Stew

Arduino for basic Single channel

Post by Stew »

Hi chaps.
Sorry for possibly being thick, but is there an Arduino sketch (and instructions for the wiring) for using an Arduino Nano as a very basic single channel compound or sequential Tx?
I have a nano, a Frsky DHT, a V8FR Rx and various batteries spare, so I thought of playing with a few Tx cases with folded ally. I already have one of Phils SC boards, but I'm just wanting to put these spare bits to use.
I modified one of the red boards for the 7 channel stuff, and nice it is too, but I'm just after a basic button job with the minimum of fuss.
Something like the red board for 7Ch, without the 7ch and just the SC stuff?

Stew
MaxZ

Re: Arduino for basic Single channel

Post by MaxZ »

Hi Stew,
I built this one, designed by Mike_K : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=609&start=100
It is based on the ProMini board, but I can see no reason why it would not work with a Nano board. The pins will be in a different location, and the one minor problem I see is that the original is designed for setting links (or not) on two adjacent pins, and one of those combinations is pin #13 and pin A0, which are not adjacent. That is the location for link 5, which sets electric drive or i.c., but if you intend to use it for electric only, the link is not placed so you can ignore it.
You will have the advantage that you won't have to make up a harness for usb to asp uploading, since you can use the 6-pin ICSP connector on the Nano for that, and buy a commercial adapter, like this one: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-Sma ... Title=true

Don't forget that you have to use "Sketch > Upload via Programmer" from the menu rather than the arrow icon in the sketch window.

Cheers,
Max.
Stew

Re: Arduino for basic Single channel

Post by Stew »

Thanks for that Max.
Much appreciated.
Stew.