Testors Simpulse1 Stick Knob?

Waggly tails
ozrs

Re: Testors Simpulse1 Stick Knob?

Post by ozrs »

Actually, if you look at the Hall of Fame, there are a number of combinations of colour and front fascia, including an all over brown hammer tone finish (like mine). Colour of knob and trim often doesn't match either.

http://www.rchalloffame.org/Manufacture ... index.html
Attachments
Testors PP.JPG
Richard
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

FWIW these were the ones that came up on Google and hence my posting above......
Vintage-Single-Channel-Radio-Control-Transmitter-Testor.jpg
Vintage-Single-Channel-Radio-Control-Transmitter-Testor.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
index.jpg
index.jpg (5.29 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
Attachments
Vintage-Single-Channel-Radio-Control-Transmitter-Testor.jpg
Vintage-Single-Channel-Radio-Control-Transmitter-Testor.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

I saw those, the original owner told me the original knob was the odd shape one in the earlier photos and the same colour.

I have some chunky white and dark green plastic, will have a go at carving one or two, I enjoy that sort of work.
Cheers,

Dave
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

See the socket under Testors T on the above picture, on mine the original owner said his father fitted one in as a charging jack, he removed the dry cell holder and fitted it with a 10 cell DEAC pack (button cells). Anyone know if it had another use or not other than for charging?
Cheers,

Dave
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Have you, guys, realize that the logo that Testor used is quite similar to the Tesla logo?
Cheers,

Tobe
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Copyright infringement!! Elon probably never heard of Testors.

It seems the Testors were also made at several locations as well, including Los Angeles, and Addison Illinois. The design was by Don Dickerson, and the receiver is schematically identical to Ace R/C's D.E. Pulse Commander receiver which was for Adams magnetic actuators. Like many R/C manufacturers, there are versions that may vary as far as color and graphics, even within a given production run because they used what they had on hand at the time. When the production shifted from Los Angeles to Illinois, no doubt they got a jumble of parts from various revisions and used them up as needed , regardless. The color of the actuators were white, or red.