JBR production 2022

Waggly tails
jmendoza

JBR production 2022

Post by jmendoza »

Jay, rather than deleting you post, I've just edited your post re the covid part, this is a forum for people to enjoy vintage R/C gear, not post contentious matters that are quite political and very raw for many around the world. I'm pleased to hear you and your family are well, can we leave it at that please? Mike Kitchen - moderator
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, I had to find something to do in the meantime while waiting to test, and here is what kept me from going nuts...building reproduction Galloping Ghost single channel Tone receivers, along with switchers and elevator rate decoders for Rand actuators. I originally made these reproductions to replace missing Galloping Ghost airborne system components, and they have been very popular until the arrival of Phil G's recoder, and then Tobes reproduction actuator. There are still some purist however who wish to restore original systems to working condition, including myself, so I made up a bunch of GG stuff (see below) to put in my finished good stock as I have a bunch of systems to restore. Am running out of some of the hard to get critical components, like IF coils, and the boards themselves, but have enough to take care of my personal needs and a few extra. I do not plan to re-stock as the demand has been very low, plus the hard to get component have made my costs go up 5 to ten fold, which makes the price of them pretty high by the time I have built them.

On the Elevator rate decoder, you can see a vintage 1966 Fairchild RTL micro-logic (uL) glob top chip, a uL914, which is a dual, 2-input NOR gate. It is used as a one shot in the decoder.
IMG_0416.jpg