Early GG Development.

Waggly tails
KraftyOne

Early GG Development.

Post by KraftyOne »

Sometime last year, a question was asked as to whether there had been any thermionic valve (tube) type multi-vibrator circuits used in Galloping Ghost transmitters. I recalled having seen a couple of references to them back then, but could not find anything in the old magazines I checked, (Grid Leaks & RCM&E), that I still had on hand.

I am slowly (and regretfully), divesting myself of over 70 years worth of collected areomodelling magazines. Only a few now remain, mainly pre-1960s', I started with the latest, they were the easiest to place, Charity Book and Magazine drives, etc., and our club has for years been donating magazines, (emblazoned with the Club Logo of course), to "Waiting Rooms" all over our area.

So now just flicking through the rest before recycling, while checking for anything of special interest (to be digitized), and any plans not already on the Outerzone, I came across this article in a 1960 Model Aircraft Magazine.

This is part 1, part 2 still to be scanned.
Attachments
1.png
2.png
3.png
KraftyOne

Re: Early GG Development.

Post by KraftyOne »

Here are the last 2 pages of the "All from One" project

Also found the article I remember seeing in Grid Leaks.

Cheers,
Eric.
Attachments
4.png
5.png
Grid Leaks-1968-p1.png
Grid Leaks-1968-p2.png
KraftyOne

Post by KraftyOne »

Oops, the Grid Leaks pages are from 1958, not '68 as labelled. :oops:
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

Thanks for that post. I remember well those articles by "Twitcher's" brother, Peter and was personally glad for the timely arrival of the transistor around that time to minimise the HT 'belts' sustained while (inexpertly) tinkering (learning while doing) with AVO meter and soldering iron. All of a sudden, I'm feeling very old !! ;)
The current GG revival is a tonic to all Nostalgistas. However, I do have to admit that my initial attempts were first installed in a boat back then.
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)